Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters Take up rollers for roland sp540v

• Take up rollers for roland sp540v

Posted by Dan Osterbery on November 15, 2016 at 8:58 am

Hi Guys,
    after years of procrastinating i have finally decided to buy a take up roller for our roland, bit silly as we have had it for 9 years, and not sure how long it has left! What does everyone recommend? I would love to hear some feedback? I have spotted one on our roland dealers website, and one on digiprint supplies (which is obviously not an original part). Do any of you have an experience with either device? Any opinions appreciated!!

Cheers

Dan

Stafford Cox Stafford Cox replied 7 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Martin Cole

November 17, 2016 at 9:47 am

I have one of the ones from Graifityp Dan, fantastic thing and you will definitely wonder how the hell you managed without one 🙁 for all those years.

Not sure if they ship out to you, packaging is enormous but would recommend it highly.

Link below is the one Warren was selling a while back.

topic59439.html

• Dan Osterbery

November 17, 2016 at 10:20 am

thanks Martin, have sent them an email

cheers
    Dan

• Gary Birch

November 17, 2016 at 3:58 pm

+1 for the Grafityp ones mate. Great piece of kit.

• Dan Osterbery

November 17, 2016 at 4:09 pm

thanks guys! i have sent Nigel an email! I guess these are genuine roland take up rollers? I have noticed that Digiprint supplies have one at nearly half the cost,but that i am sure is not a genuine part. i don’t mind paying the extra cost if the product is worth it.

cheers

Dan

• Martin Cole

November 17, 2016 at 4:36 pm

It’s not a genuine Roland one Dan. Just had a look and can’t see a make.

I think a few of us on here have them and no complaints from anyone, it is a great bit of kit.

I’ll pop in for that beer when I’ m next over… :smiles:

• Stafford Cox Stafford Cox

November 23, 2016 at 1:50 pm

+1 on the Graphityp ones. I’ve used a couple of them now and they’re actually better than the early Roland ones in my opinion.