Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Printer Ink Supplier for Roland ColorCamm Pro PC600 ribbons?

• Supplier for Roland ColorCamm Pro PC600 ribbons?

Posted by JonPinder on May 9, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Evening all,

Searching around my usual suppliers I am struggling to find one that sells the ribbons for Roland ColorCamm Pro PC600.

I would appreciate any leads for a supplier on these or if they are still available.

Thanks in advance.

Jon.

Robert Lambie replied 11 years, 10 months ago 7 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Fabrice Menard

May 11, 2012 at 3:19 pm

are you looking for genuine carts or only refills?

• JonPinder

May 13, 2012 at 8:16 am

Hi,

I’ve found companies for refills but not sure I can get originals, I don’t have any at the moment so would of needed cassettes with the barcodes as well apparently.

Thanks in advance for anymore info.

• Chris Wool

May 13, 2012 at 11:07 am

roland still sell the ribbons you may not like the price but still the best

• Gordon Forbes

May 14, 2012 at 4:52 am

I have quite a few and a PC600 with a new head as well don’t use it any more.

• JoannaDingle

June 1, 2012 at 4:24 pm

There is a chap on the evil E-site (nothing to do with me) who is selling empty cartridges with
    barcodes for either pc60 or pc600. Type in pc600 and narrow price to under 25 pounds and you should find him. As for refills, I am about to get samples from the Czech Republic, and if they are good, then they are a very good price.

• JoannaDingle

June 1, 2012 at 4:33 pm
    quote Gordon Forbes:

I have quite a few and a PC600 with a new head as well don’t use it any more.

Hi Gordon,
    How much are you asking for your PC600 and where are you located?
    Thanks,
    Jo.

• Alex Pirozek

June 1, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Normally genuine Roland ribbons will give the best results but the next best for refils are Print 1. I use them all the time now (just because they are easily available). There’s a chap from Germany that does them (cutplot) but I’ve not had great results with these to be honest.
    My work with the PC600 is quite specialized and requires printing on all kinds of vinyl/ foil so maybe that’s why i run into print problems occasionally. I’m sure if you only printed onto a good quality white vinyl then any refil manufacturer/ supplier probably would be fine to use.

There’s alot of trial and error with these machines but once you get your head around which way works best for you they are absolutely great, I still believe they have place in the sticker print world, I would be totally lost if mine ever packed up as the Gerber FX can’t seem to match the print quality/ colour to colour registration or print/ cut accuracy as the PC600 does.
    The print/cut is so accurate on my PC600 I never put a bleed on anything and the most it’s ever out to the print line is .1mm.

Oops….I’ve wandered off the original question….what was it again 😕

• Gordon Forbes

June 2, 2012 at 5:47 am

PM me an offer you might be surprised.

• JoannaDingle

June 10, 2012 at 3:35 pm
    quote Gordon Forbes:

I must just be a super dumb bunny, but don’t know how to PM (I don’t know
    if it is a function which needs to be permitted). Please, please get in touch
    as I am very interested in this machine.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jo

• JoannaDingle

June 11, 2012 at 8:54 am
    quote Gordon Forbes:

Dear Gordon,

Just found out I can’t PM you as I am not a full member and don’t really want to pay 80 quid to find out you are in Lancashire and collecting the printer would be impossible anyway. Also, to be a member I need to be resident in UK (I am not, I would send my long suffering folks for the printer should things come together), so would you at least tell me here, in open forum, which county you are located in? Please. :pray:

• Robert Lambie

June 11, 2012 at 9:29 am

Scotland