Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Summa Cutters Summa Sign Pro D1400 – control panel

• Summa Sign Pro D1400 – control panel

Posted by David Rogers on January 27, 2017 at 11:26 am

My trusty old plotter is beginning to really show its age despite still being able to keep churning out vinyl all day – every day at any size – perfectly (like a wizened ninja master). The membrane panel has got a few buttons that’ve been pushed more times than I care to think and have split round the dimple / button.

Held together with a bit of clear laminate over the top for the moment – but if anybody has an old one sitting in a corner / shed / skip that would be up for a bit of a donation… 🙂

Thanks

DAve

Stafford Cox replied 7 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Stafford Cox

January 31, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Hi David. A bit of a long shot but try calling Sam at Phoenix Signs on 01444 254040. I was repairing his Roland last week and noticed he had an old Summa sat around that has a board fault. He’s since replaced it with a Graphtec so it’s not being used. I’m pretty sure it was a D model so I’m sure he’d swap the control panel for a few beer tokens.

Tell him that I gave you his details.

Stafford

• David Rogers

January 31, 2017 at 1:43 pm
    quote Stafford Cox:

Hi David. A bit of a long shot but try calling Sam at Phoenix Signs on 01444 254040. I was repairing his Roland last week and noticed he had an old Summa sat around that has a board fault. He’s since replaced it with a Graphtec so it’s not being used. I’m pretty sure it was a D model so I’m sure he’d swap the control panel for a few beer tokens.

Tell him that I gave you his details.

Stafford

Thanks Stafford,

gave him a call but sadly not as it’s a print & cut rather than just a plotter.

Dave

• Stafford Cox

January 31, 2017 at 1:49 pm

No probs. I think he might be thinking of his Grenadier that he’s got kicking about to be honest. He definitely had a Summa outside in his car park when I was there last week. Maybe he’s scrapped it now.