Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Summa Cutters Summa Pro D1400 OPOS – low contrast ratios

• Summa Pro D1400 OPOS – low contrast ratios

Posted by David Rogers on November 3, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Finally decided to play with the OPOS on my old trusty Summa again.

Couldn’t get it to pick up the registration marks so went into the diagnostics to get a sensor reading…it’s functioning but not well as it’s too poor a contrast between black & white. I suspect the sensor is dirty / scratched / out of position as not getting a clean read through the teeney-weeney little aperture in the sensor head.

A replacement part (old stock possibly reclaimed) is around £300 online.

Anybody had similar and found a remedy without the need to take the entire carriage head off to gain access as I CAN live without OPOS but CAN’T live without a plotter!

Thanks

Dave

David Rogers replied 7 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • A.Kordowski

November 4, 2016 at 12:27 pm

What substrate are you cutting? i had this the other day whilst trying to print on a clear cling……but managed to sort it

• David Rogers

November 4, 2016 at 3:44 pm
    quote Andy Kordowski:

What substrate are you cutting? i had this the other day whilst trying to print on a clear cling……but managed to sort it

Standard vinyl – contrast is excellent it’s just that the sensor isn’t getting a clear reading

• A.Kordowski

November 4, 2016 at 3:53 pm

OK….ive got a Summa S2D160…..the problem i was having was the opos was hovering over the square and the light not picking it up so i adjusted a setting on the Summa control panel:

Go to: settings
    Go to:OPOS
    Go to:Calibrate media (opos)
    Go to:set
    Go to:Value (the default should be 30)….i increased this value to 40….this did the trick

Hope this works
    Cheers
    Andy

• David Rogers

February 27, 2017 at 2:24 am

Well, eventually got round to fixing this.
    Stripped out the sensor from the carriage and cleaned it all up and realigned it…Adjusting the little pot screws to get better uppercand lower limits.
    Then started the calibration woes as it was so far out the auto function was useless…Got there after a while by ‘pulling’ the white square along by sticking them on rather than weeding the cut one out!

Running as sweet as a nut now via Summa winplot.