Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Summa Cutters Summa D120 Cutting advice please?

• Summa D120 Cutting advice please?

Posted by Matt Cornwall on July 28, 2014 at 11:23 am

Hey Guys,

Im not sure how to explain this issue, but will try my best. We just purchased Gerber Cutter which I know is the Summa D120, how ever when I try cutting out letters or any shape infact, the point at where it starts dosnt finish up, its like the cutter forgets to cut the last 0.1mm so when trying to weed it tears..

I’ve changed the offset from 0.45mm to around 0.77mm as when cutting at 0.45mm it wouldn’t even cut straight, infact text looked wobbly, now the cuts are straight at that offset.. I thought this may be an offset problem but have done a test cut every 0.10mm all the way upto 1mm from 0.10mm

Any other settings I can change to help this ?

Cheers
    Matt

Kevin Flowers replied 9 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Matt Cornwall

July 28, 2014 at 11:24 am

P.s my setup is Windows 7, SignLab 9.1 and the Summa D120

• Luke Culpin

July 29, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Hi there,

I’m not familiar with sign lab, but I know I had this issue once and found it to be through gerber software, we had a tick box marked to allow the software to override the machine settings! Check that this isn’t happening to you and run purely from machine settings!

• David Rogers

July 29, 2014 at 8:14 pm

You can download the drivers direct from cadlink for nearly all plotters.
    This puts in the optimal settings by default.

Dave

• Frank Droog

September 26, 2014 at 1:53 pm

does it happen when you do a test cut on the plotter?

In Signlab, under Cut/Tool Options, there is a field called Overcut.
    Change it from say 0 to 5 or 10
    That makes Signlab cut eg, 105% of the object to ensure there is no weeding problem.

• Kevin Flowers

September 26, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Hi
    the Summa has a overcut feature in its menu so i am presuming that if the Gerber runs the same firmware it will have it as well

Kev