Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Uniform Printers sp540 missing a lot of yellow on test print – help please?

• sp540 missing a lot of yellow on test print – help please?

Posted by josh morris on September 1, 2014 at 10:13 pm

hi guys, i have an sp540 and i have an issue with the yellow on test print.

the printer was out of use for a week while i was away and ive come back to find the yellow not printing properly. i’ve changed the cap tops, done several cleaning cycles including powerful cleans, cleaned around the heads with cleaning solution and also tried printing off large block colours to see if it would pull some ink through. ive checked the cartridges and they all seem pretty full.

any ideas on what it could be or what else i could try?

Stafford Cox Stafford Cox replied 9 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Stafford Cox Stafford Cox

September 10, 2014 at 8:55 am

As it’s with the yellow mainly I think you can rule out anything cap or below as it would affect the magenta then too. I would check the cartridge first. Make sure it has ink in it, and I mean by taking the cartridge out and shaking it as sometimes the chip or ink level sensor can be faulty. I would also try replacing the damper (very carefully as sometime the manifold can become brittle, particularly with some 3rd party inks). Finally, get somebody to come and have a look at it. It COULD be the head worst case….

Best of luck, let me know if I can help at all.

Stafford