Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters Roland SP300V Not cross cutting the vinyl, advice please?

• Roland SP300V Not cross cutting the vinyl, advice please?

Posted by Nigel Marks on August 24, 2020 at 12:52 pm

Hi All,

Long time no post and all that, mainly because my old SP300V has been working like a charm… Until now!

For some reason it will no longer cut the sheet which is annoying to say the least. Contour cutting is no issue.

The knife travels the full length of the carriage and hits the stop to drop the sheet cutting blade but about halfway to hitting the vinyl the knife raises again.

There are no obstructions that I can see and if i hold the knife down it cuts fine.

Any ideas what the issue is

Thanks in advance

Nigel

• This discussion was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  Nigel Marks.
    Chris Wool replied 3 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • RobertLambie

Administrator
    August 25, 2020 at 8:58 am

Hi Nigel

is the cross-cutting blade blunt? I could be wrong, but it may be getting resistance as it cuts and then lifts short of completion. or maybe the part that lowers it isnt locking-down properly and is lifting. im just guessing of course.

• Nigel Marks

August 25, 2020 at 4:35 pm

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the response. New blade fitted so its not that and the blade holder assy lifts before it gets to the media. Still scratching head here…

• Chris Wool

August 25, 2020 at 6:29 pm

i would be tempted to switch the machine off completely then separate the cutting head from the print head and operate the cutter head manually to see if it is traveling all the way to lock it down think its only being partly locked down.

if the cable is slightly slack then could cause this or wear on the sheet cut mech. or even a bit sticky.

unfortunately the service command limit adjust also resets the head capping and lock position so needs a lot of care