Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters Rough edges on my prints from my Roland SP540i

• Rough edges on my prints from my Roland SP540i

Posted by Ernest Kyekye on July 25, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ernest and I need your please.
    About 3 days now my printer is giving me bleeding edges when l print darker colors.
    I have done several cleaning, change caps, wipers, dampers but no luck.
    My test print is perfect with no nozzle missing. I have attached a print sample for clarity.
    Please any help with this will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Attachments:

Ernest Kyekye replied 7 years, 8 months ago 7 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

July 25, 2016 at 6:58 pm

Could be various things… might be stating the obvious… but do you have your front and back heaters on?
    Have you changed your media?
    Correct profile?

• Lee Reeves

July 25, 2016 at 7:07 pm

Are your heads set to high or low?

• Ernest Kyekye

July 25, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Thanks for the replies…
    I have tried various media and profile but no luck, and my heaters are on 45c(dryer), 45c(Printer). But the same media and profile l have been using for the past 2years.
    My head is set to low all the time.. Am really worried.

• Lee Reeves

July 25, 2016 at 8:20 pm

It could be static if you’ve not had a problem before I would try printing a solid block of each CMYK might help identify If the problem is with one colour. Your print sample looks like the issue could be with cyan as the yellow looks OK worth a try.

• Chris Wool

July 25, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Bit hard to tell from the picture but
    Some ideas looks like over inking
    Double check the temperature with a temp guage
    Fluf hanging of the mag or cyan head
    The total ink limit has changed normally around 250%
    Poor media

• Ernest Kyekye

July 25, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Thanks Lee and Chris.
    I realized anytime a dark color comes over or meets a lighter color, it gives this bleeding edges,(that is, any color with black in it). But if the darker color or black comes on the vinyl directly, its sharp.
    So I thought it was the black ink, but when I used a different brand, still no luck. I printed with Uni-direction and the result was better but not as good as before the problem.

• Robert Lambie

July 25, 2016 at 11:33 pm

As Chris has mentioned, try looking for a hair or fibres hanging from the heads.
    sounds daft i know, but we have had this years back and know it being the case for others on this site.
    if you have a torch, shine it up onto the underside of the heads and see if you can see even a single hair hanging.
    use a swab or whatever and remove it and anything else you see similar. then give it a go.

this may not be the problem, but you are better illuminating all the trivial issues before worrying about a cost or further down time.

• Martin Oxenham

July 26, 2016 at 9:38 am

Try giving it a good manual clean with swabs.

• Stafford Cox

July 26, 2016 at 12:34 pm

What inks are you using? From what I can see it’s over inking.

Stafford

• Ernest Kyekye

July 26, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Thank you all…
    So far l have tried soo many options and all your suggestion but no luck. Reduced the ink just like you said but still..

• Simon Worrall

July 26, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Ernest
    I have had this problem and found no solution, but I did find a workaround.
    Draw a very fine white stroke line between the blue and the yellow to seperate them when they print, which will stop them running together.
    Simon.

• Ernest Kyekye

July 26, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Thanks Simon,
    I told my client about that but they said that will change their design. I wanted to give the text white outline to separate
    the color but they did not agree. That also means I would have to be doing the outline stuff for all print works… :shake: