Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Roland Xr640 Dropping Ink

• Roland Xr640 Dropping Ink

Posted by Ben Hansen on October 19, 2018 at 9:49 am

Morning Guys, just wondering if anyone can help. Our roland has recently started to drop large amounts of ink randomly it seems, over our prints and along the edges. It doesnt appear to be hitting anything but cant think of what else it could be. Anyone had simular issues? :awkward:

Attachments:

David Stevenson replied 5 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Jamie Wood

October 19, 2018 at 10:08 am

Have you checked round the head for fluff or hairs hanging down? These can cause ink to wick down onto material, but can be quite difficult to see. I usually get a very strong torch to check. It’s surprising how much ink they can actually deposit.

• Unknown Member

October 19, 2018 at 12:14 pm

Second Jamie on this, fluff or fibres will cause this to happen.

• Gil Johnson

October 19, 2018 at 1:39 pm

Have you checked the dampers?

• David Rogers

October 19, 2018 at 2:29 pm

List of things.

Fluff…droplets form & drip.

Damper / manifold issue (cracked & bleeding air or o-ring failure) so ink flows through to the head)

If running bulk – over filled / a larger than expected ‘head’ of pressure.

• Ben Hansen

October 19, 2018 at 3:02 pm

Thanks for the replies. There doesnt seem to be much if any fluff on the head.But whatever the issue, its still creating droplets on the head!!?? No bulk system running, just standard ink cartridges mmmm :rollseyes:

Attachments:

• David Stevenson

October 19, 2018 at 3:16 pm

Have you checked the capping Station at the other side? Ours decided one night that it was going to piss ink all over the place. When I removed the cover on the right in there was covered in ink. When I cleaned that up the problem disappeared and never occurred again thankfully