Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters Roland PNC 1200 random cutting issue

• Roland PNC 1200 random cutting issue

Posted by Bernie Roberts on August 6, 2019 at 2:16 pm

So, I have a Roland PNC1200 which I’ve had for donkeys years, but it’s been great!
    I recently changed the pinch rollers, and it was working fine for a couple of weeks, then all of a sudden
    it started to cut very randomly, like instead of cutting a circle, it will be odd shaped. If I cut a row of
    shapes, one time it might just cut some wiggly lines, the next time it might cut the shapes, but instead
    of it being in a straight row, it will position them diagonally down the material. Years ago we had a problem with the
    grit rollers where the bar snapped and you could roll them independently of each other, but this has not happened this time, however if you turn the grit rollers, you can feel a little bit of resistance at some point. I have changed the cutting strip, and done a re-set (turning machine on and pressing enter), and tried the pen onto paper, but the same thing still happens. :bangshead:

I also have another PNC1200 which I kept for parts, as with this one as soon as you turn it on, the blade carriage shoots right to the other end of the plotter really fast, and never figured out why this was. If anyone has any ideas on either problem, please share! :thumbsup:

Bernie Roberts replied 4 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.