Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vehicle Wrapping Renault Traffic Sport 2107 template

• Renault Traffic Sport 2107 template

Posted by Wayne Maxwell on August 22, 2019 at 2:14 pm

Hi all I was wondering if anyone could help me out or advise.

I’m looking for a size template for a Renault van. Customer looking full-colour prints fitted into the panels.

So wanting to design over the template an save the graphics with the panel shapes ready to print.

Thanks for reading.

Wayne Maxwell replied 4 years, 8 months ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • David Stevenson

August 22, 2019 at 2:24 pm

Not sure which of these it is. Is long or short wheelbase, high, semi, or standard roof,?

Attachments:

• Phill Fenton

August 22, 2019 at 3:10 pm

If you’re hoping to print and cut the shape based on an outline template I think you’ll be dissapointed as the templates generally aren’t accurate enough for this purpose. Better to print slightly oversize with a bleed area then flood coat and cut in place on the van using knifeless tape – or make a paper template on the vehicle itself to allow you cut the shape by hand.

There’s a method described here:- https://www.uksignboards.com/topic50729.html

• Wayne Maxwell

August 22, 2019 at 3:27 pm

David / Phil. Thanks for a quick reply. Phil, your spot on with, as I was hoping for. Never used the tape before I’ll buy it and give it a go. Assuming I lay it on the shape of the panels. Lay down print then pull the tape off.

• Denise Goodfellow

August 22, 2019 at 3:54 pm

I seem to remember there’s a nifty little tool from yellow tools that allows you to follow the contour of the recess and trim at the same time. Was meaning to get one

• Luke Culpin

August 22, 2019 at 8:02 pm
    quote Denise Goodfellow:

I seem to remember there’s a nifty little tool from yellow tools that allows you to follow the contour of the recess and trim at the same time. Was meaning to get one

Ooo Denise, this sounds interesting… share a link with us! I can’t seem to find what your talking about

• Denise Goodfellow

August 22, 2019 at 11:20 pm
    quote Luke Culpin:

quote Denise Goodfellow:

Ooo Denise, this sounds interesting… share a link with us! I can’t seem to find what you’re talking about

Can’t find the actual video, it was on Instagram after the hubby “borrowed” my phone when he died…

http://www.yellotools.us/cart.php?m=pro … D=&stream=

• Nigel Poulter

August 24, 2019 at 9:22 am

If you have never used knifeless have a look on youtube, you will pick up some good tips on how to get the most out of it

• David Stevenson

August 24, 2019 at 9:36 am

You’ll find 3m "design line" can do much sharper corners than "finish line" however it tends to break easier. If always use design line for panels, as they never fit off the template as mentioned previously

• Wayne Maxwell

August 24, 2019 at 11:34 am

Cheers for the advice guys. I’ll give it a go.