Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Mimaki Cutters Qustiona on Mimaki CG-160 fx plotter

• Qustiona on Mimaki CG-160 fx plotter

Posted by Josh Steenbergen on February 11, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I was wondering if anybody had tried to die cut magnet material on one of these. If so what did you do to get it to work..I can’t seem to get it to read the marks. it always errors out..I did not know if there was a thickness restriction. If so, what is it and can you change the thickness restriction. I did die cut .030 styrene the other day on this. and got it to work just fine.. I didn’t think it was that much different but the thickness of the materiel is all…

thanks in advance

Josh Steenbergen replied 13 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Stafford Cox Stafford Cox

February 23, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Just how thick is the magnetic media you’re trying to cut? How well are the printed register marks on the top of the media? If the markers are not dense enough, the sensor will not pick them up. Obviously the sensor itself is OK as you can detect other media types. Try drawing over the register marks with a black permanent marker and see if it makes a difference. Also, are you 100% sure that the register marks are set to the same size on both Finecut and on the plotters control panel? And finally, you could try creating the register marks with a red box around them. I forget exactly what the option is called but when you click on the ‘crop mark creation’ buttons from Finecut, it’s one of the tick boxes on there.

Good luck and let me know if you need more help.

Stafford

• Josh Steenbergen

February 23, 2011 at 4:36 pm

the magnet material is .030 and with vinyl and lam .045. I tried taking a sharpie to darken the marks and it did not work. I think there is a limit to the thickness of material that can go into machine. I just gave up..next time I get magnet material I’m going to see if I can get thinner. I know it will work for I got styrene to go through it, but it was like .030 or .020. and used finecut. but when I try to use cutcontour it don’t seem to work.

thanks
    Josh