• Procut PC-700

Posted by Andy Swain on June 4, 2009 at 2:55 am

evening All I know this is not one of the great cutters but over the last couple of years its done what iv asked it. And i would say quite efficiently. Dont get me wrong its only been for home use a few friends School use for the kids and plaboy for their doors and so on. and a friend started up a new company and i did him all his signs. which saved him ponds and also gave me a much need influx in vinyl
    Anyway to the problem My PC the one i have the plotter connected to had its hard drive fail… I reinstalled all its stuff i even kept a backup of all the files of signs i ever cut. BUT when i came to reinstall Signblazer Elements i did as should be done entered all the info and sent it of fo a activation code no code came back even after 5 attempts when i have just checked the Signwizard site i originally got the cutter from there was a message on the site saying the Owner/Supplyer of Signbalzer had died suddenly and that there would be no more activation codes sent out So the software i have is now no good. There must be hundreds in the same boat as me. Can anyone suggest any other software out there that I could use with the PC-700. Also for the amount of time I use it I dont want to spend to much money especially as i had already paid for one Now all i have is a unusable cutter and a nogood piece of software
    many thanks Andy

Phil Jones replied 14 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Phil Jones

June 4, 2009 at 11:55 pm

Hi Andy,

Just for now when you load signblazer click cancel at the registration screen, then it will ask if you are sure you dont want to register, click yes then click the button which says trial mode. Not ideal i know but it will work for now.

Hope this helps

Phil

• Andy Swain

June 5, 2009 at 4:05 am
    quote Phil Jones:

Hi Andy,

Just for now when you load signblazer click cancel at the registration screen, then it will ask if you are sure you dont want to register, click yes then click the button which says trial mode. Not ideal i know but it will work for now.

Hope this helps

Phil

Thanks for that I have been using it that way but it gives you a cap on what you can do im sure i tried somthing quite long last year that way as i put it on a laptop and took it to a friends house to try and cut some shapes and long signs for his home built camper and i dont think it let me do that in trial mode.. I might try and download one of the free demo flexisign or Signcut X2 to try them and if they work might have to buy one… It rearly gets to me that signwizard sold us all the cutters with working software otherwise they was no good now the software is no good making the machine no good Im glad im not one of the later buyers who only got a few months out of their purchase.. I still think signwizard should help in some way even if its only to discount the replacment software…. Andy

• Phil Jones

June 5, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Hi Andy, I don’t think it does limit it, I’ve been using signblazer elements in trial mode on my laptop for use at shows etc and have regularly cut signs 10 – 15 feet long. Artcut works with your plotter too i think.

Cheers Phil