Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers Problem loading contravision / L26500

• Problem loading contravision / L26500

Posted by Hugh Potter on October 27, 2017 at 6:35 am

Hi all,,
    At end of play yesterday I decided to load and leave printing a small contravision (metamark I think), the printer kept telling me to move the media to the right by ‘x’ mm. it’s loaded perfectly but won’t register the fact!

As I type it occurs to me that I it might be because it has a clear backing liner and it’s just not reading it..

Any idea how to get round this?

Hugh Potter replied 6 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Jamie Wood

October 27, 2017 at 7:13 am

Try putting a piece of paper underneath it. This usually work for us on clear substrates. Then remove it when
    the printer has registered the material. See diagram.

• Hugh Potter

October 27, 2017 at 8:37 am

Thank you Jamie, I was thinking along those lines, will try when back in the office.
    H

• Hugh Potter

October 27, 2017 at 10:12 am

well, I’ve tried! the L26500 just does not like the MacTac contra with a clear backing, taped an A2 panel of backing paper to the rear and still it doesn’t recognise anything properly loaded, I don’t want to have to put an even larger liner on the back for risk of jamming when loading and short of actually re-laying the contra onto another backing with the laminator I can’t see an easy fix, too time consuming to do this for a ten minute print each time!

H

• David Hammond

October 27, 2017 at 5:59 pm

I have the same problem with greyback on our OKI, Masking tape over the sensors works for us 😉

• Hugh Potter

October 27, 2017 at 9:31 pm

I think the sensor is in the head on the 26500, I may be wrong, but I know it throws up some odd things when loading reflective .. I begged a few mtrs of white backed from a mate and it worked perfect!

• Kevin Busby

October 30, 2017 at 9:46 am

Hi Hugh

Its been a couple years since I used the 26500, but im sure the sensor is the small red plastic square in the printer bed thats close to the rollers, looks like a ir port on a remote control, tape should sort it but think you can also turn it off in the settings as well.

• Hugh Potter

October 31, 2017 at 3:48 pm

I can’t see it Kevin but I’ll take a better look later. It’s not a biggy really as the supplier will take the material back if I send it in.. better £10 to return than £50 of material I’m unlikey to bother with!

H