Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions PCUT Vinyl Cutters Pcut ct630 offset and overcut value?

• Pcut ct630 offset and overcut value?

Posted by Ewan Evans on October 25, 2012 at 11:28 am

Thinking about upgrading machine to one of the big brands but before I do so can anyone tell me the correct offset and overcut values using flexi 10 to fix the main issue I have with this machine which is sometimes when weeding vinyl even with the pressure and speed set properly I find the machine has not cut the back edge of letters properly resulting in me having to finish by hand. Any help regarding this would be great, read some other posts but they kinda contradict each other.

John Thomson replied 11 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • John Thomson

October 25, 2012 at 11:50 am

Hi,

standard blade offset is .25mm, overcut should be set at double this, .5mm

If these are not set in Flexi you will never get a clean, complete cut.

When you set offset and overcut in Flexi leave the tick in place after you change the setting …..if not these settings will not be applied.

In my experience the main problem with Chinese equipment is not the hardware…..it is people not setting them up correctly.

Hope this helps

John

• Ewan Evans

October 25, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Thanks John, apart from a few small issues I have always liked pcuts but keep reading how good the Rolands and Graphtecs are so fancied an upgrade. Have you ever owned any other machine than chinese cutters?

• Ewan Evans

October 25, 2012 at 12:08 pm

My flexi 10 asks for the values in cm, is it .25mm being 0.025cm?

• John Thomson

October 25, 2012 at 12:10 pm

hi,

yes you are correct.

john

• Ewan Evans

October 25, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Thanks will try that later 😀

• Ewan Evans

October 26, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Tried those settings John and it seems to be cutting even 3mm text no probs on both normal sign vinyl and clothing vinyl, slightly hard to weed at that size but I guess it would be with any machine, thanks for the help 😀

• John Thomson

October 27, 2012 at 8:12 am

Glad that helped…..it could be that you have to change these settings a little if the actual blade offset is not exactly 0.25mm ( due to manufacturing tolerances)……..we are talking fractions of a milimetre.

As I have said before, Chinese equipment is generally very good……you just have to set them up correctly.

John