Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Mimaki Cutters Mutoh Rockhopper II E068 cr encoder

• Mutoh Rockhopper II E068 cr encoder

Posted by Augusto Mozzetti on October 13, 2010 at 1:50 pm

hello ppl

i have an e068 cr encoder error, in my mutoh rockhopper II

i checked the encoder strip, and is ok, (practically new)
    i changed the cr board, with a new one, but still having the prob.
    I checked the printerheads, and are ok.
    I checked the crmotor, with a multitester, and makes beep, so i supoused is not working. I changed with a new one, but still having the same prob.

any ideas of what is wrong?

Please Im desperate to fix this problem…

Tim Painter replied 13 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Julian Mildner

October 13, 2010 at 5:26 pm

With the power off, try uncapping the carriage and moving the carriage from side to side to check that it is running smoothly.

• Tim Painter

October 13, 2010 at 6:52 pm

E 068 Error CR Encoder

Trouble occurred in the CF motor (Yaxis) during operation. Displayed when the motor commanded value and feedback from the encoder are significantly different. Trouble occurred in the head travel (Yaxis) during operation. Displayed when there is no feedback from the encoder. Time out occurred in the head travel (Yaxis) during operation. Displayed when he carriage has not reached the commanded position.

(1) Check the trouble history via “Test: Record” of the self-diagnostic function

(2) With the power supply off, move the carriage side to side to check for jamming. → Refer to Error E072 (3) Check if “CR Motor Error” occurs by setting the durability cycles at 50 over larger via “Life: CR Motor” of the selfdiagnostic function.

• Clean and lubricate the rollers of the CR rail