Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Mimaki UJF-6042MkII, RasterLink6 – White ink curing issue.

• Mimaki UJF-6042MkII, RasterLink6 – White ink curing issue.

Posted by Adam Fafinski on March 11, 2019 at 9:51 am

Hi! I would like to use one of default Color Replacement libraries in RasterLink6 – “Mimaki RasterLink – Spot Colors” especially replacement which is defined as RawWhite, to print part of my artwork using white ink.
    So, I create palette in CorelDRAW, define RawWhite color then assign it to my artwork. I export file as *.eps or *.pdf and RasterLink detects it and activates color replacement – awesome! The problem is that white ink is not cured enough.
    If someone would like to see what’s going on, I made video where I do step by step problem reproduction

$this->BBvideo_pass(‘$8’, ‘$4’, ‘$7’)

I have split video on two parts.In first part I reproduced the problem, in second, I’ve shown the way I do manual color replacement and print result is fine.
    Is it (in first case) printer/RIP issue or maybe there is any option/setting I’m missing to get bang on result?
    Thanks
    Adam

Adam Fafinski replied 5 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Stafford Cox

March 11, 2019 at 10:29 pm

Obvious things first. Have you shaken the white cartridge vigorously to make sure the pigment and carrier haven’t separated? Is it definitely only white? Or is it only with heavy coverage?

• Adam Fafinski

March 12, 2019 at 2:11 pm
    quote Stafford Cox:

Obvious things first. Have you shaken the white cartridge vigorously to make sure the pigment and carrier haven’t separated?

Thanks for reply. We shake ink whenever printer asks to do it – every few days. I don’t think this could be a reason as on video couple minutes later I replaced magenta to white and print was fine.

quote Stafford Cox:

Is it definitely only white?

This is only white, I have in RasterLink own Pantones color replacement set and print always come out dry.

quote Stafford Cox:

Or is it only with heavy coverage?

I tried print a few lines of text and it also was wet.
    Thanks
    Adam