Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Mimaki UCJV300-160 installed, opinions so far!

• Mimaki UCJV300-160 installed, opinions so far!

Posted by Lee Reeves on June 19, 2018 at 8:48 pm

We have had our Mimaki UCJV300-160 installed this week still got some more training and bits to sort out but so far very impressed with the print quality and speed.

I was most concerned about the speed as I thought it was going to be slower than our Roland XR640 in fact it’s quicker 6mins quicker on a 3mx1m banner and about 20% less ink used.

White ink is very good and the multi layered cmyk + white print results are leaps and bounds ahead of our old xr640 eco solvent.

I think all our trade reseller customers are going to be blown away by the results.

Jamie Wood replied 4 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Joe Killeen

June 19, 2018 at 10:45 pm

Best of luck Lee
    Hope you have many years of printing with it.

• Bernard Gallagher

June 21, 2018 at 7:53 pm

Have you printed any cast wrap on it??

• Lee Reeves

June 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm

Not yet but they are soon making the Lus-200 ink available which will be 3m mcs warranted for wrapping. I have stretched some polymeric with the Lus-170 ink and it stretches really well.

• Bernard Gallagher

June 22, 2018 at 10:09 pm

Need to upgrade Printer having a real battle deciding go HP Latex or stick with Mimaki as my CJV 130 has been brilliant. Keep us posted & best of luck with the new machine [emoji106]

• Lee Reeves

June 29, 2018 at 6:31 pm

Just a quick update on our new Mimaki UCJV. After a full week of printing on our new printer I’m very impressed we have run pvc banners, poly-pro posters, roller banners and thousands of die cut labels.

The new id cut is very good and just works it’s nice not having to wait for out gassing and laminating prints immediately after printing. The uv cured white ink is unbelievable and must be seen.

• Stefan Byrne

June 29, 2018 at 6:40 pm

Hi lee
    Having ours installed on Monday, really impressed with sample prints especially the white onto optically clear films
    Stef

• Lee Reeves

June 29, 2018 at 6:52 pm

Hi Stefan

The white is so much better than on our Roland XR640 it like chalk and cheese.

Who did you purchase your from?

• Lee Reeves

October 18, 2019 at 11:34 am

Hi Jamie wood, sorry can’t private reply but hope this helps
    Hi Jamie,

Overall we have been fairly happy with the machine. The only issues we’ve found is any really fine print and small text (6pt) it fills in and blurs, reds don’t seem as vibrant as our old roland printer.

The print time is fine but it seems to do a lot of processes between printing and cutting.

I’ve often thought we should have bought the ucjv 55-320 and a separate cutter but that’s more due to our workload.
    The white ink is very good on the machine, the only down side to the inks are they’re quite expensive and don’t seem to last any longer than our roland 500ml cartridges even though they’re twice the size.

Hope that’s helpful

Lee

• Jamie Wood

October 18, 2019 at 11:45 am

Thanks Lee, that’s very helpful.

Cheers,
    Jamie