Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Mimaki JV400 SUV Problems

• Mimaki JV400 SUV Problems

Posted by MG Signs on February 3, 2016 at 8:13 am

We have had a JV400 SUV printer now for 15months and not impressed, print quality is average, ink use is very high even after profiling, waste of 1m of material every print, horrendous waste ink tank,
    The waste ink tank holds £400 of waste ink when full, we have emptied this four times now!! £1600 of waste ink in 15 months! and pretty much none is cleaning fluid.
    Has anyone else got one of these and noticed any of these issues??

Lorraine Clinch replied 7 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Andrew Fleming

March 5, 2016 at 1:22 pm

We got ours as soon as it came out, the print quality is poor on certain materials, so for I found the best is metamark MD3 and 5, but still not as good quality as our older CJV and from what I have seen the new solvents also. As for the material waste I only waste about 100mm at the start each new roll, you just have to watch and feed the material into the lamp curing as it moves through, so just keep the cover open and it’s pretty easy.

On the waste ink I would suggest checking the cleaning settings in the settings on the machine to make sure it is not cleaning too often, mine is no way as bad as what you state.

• Lorraine Clinch

June 15, 2016 at 11:48 am

Hi

I’m glad I saw this post, as I have been thinking of going over to a JV400.
    Regarding the cleaning/waste ink issue, do you have to do regular cleans?
    I have a Roland/Lightbar conversion, and I don’t do any cleaning at all, until I come to use it, and not always then, depends how long it has been unused for. I am talking weeks, not days. I will do a test print, and only clean if some of the nozzles are missing – usually magenta. Then it usually takes one powerful clean, and it’s ready to go. I would have thought the inks would be similar to the Colorific (Lightbar UV) inks?

Lorraine