Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Mimaki Cutters mimaki jv3 160s PCB PROBLEM

• mimaki jv3 160s PCB PROBLEM

Posted by James Easton on April 21, 2010 at 7:50 am

Hi
    i have a mimaki jv3 160s with a y axis error Error 41 it could be the y axis motor ir main pcb is it possible to test both of these are have the board repaired any info guys would be great

Thanks
    James

Stafford Cox replied 13 years, 2 months ago 6 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • David Rowland

April 21, 2010 at 11:54 am

"Error 41" indicates that the Y-Motor is demanding too much power, so it’s struggling to push the carriage across.

Is it one-off and all the time? does it move?

1: Dirty rail
    2: Something jamming it
    3: there is bushings in the motor, i believe these do go after time.

i dont think it will be main – pcb

• James Easton

April 21, 2010 at 3:52 pm

it’s not a dirty rail or a jamming problem as the carriage moves to the left with considerable speed how would i change the bushings and do you know where i would get them

Jim

• David Rowland

April 21, 2010 at 4:22 pm

have a chat with Tech8 on from of this website, they are reasonable

• James Easton

April 21, 2010 at 4:41 pm

ok do you have a contact number

• Russell Huffer

April 22, 2010 at 6:23 am

I thought that Y axis is media movement motor and X axis is the head.
    So the problem is not with the head but the motor turning the pinch rollers.

Regards

Russell.

• Josh Steenbergen

February 11, 2011 at 5:30 pm

does the printhead move smooth by hand. If not, and it has alittle hesitation then the y motor would need replaced.. How to really tell is if, when your running a job and your printer is not quite when you are running a job then your y motor needs replaced and will probably solve the error message.

Oh the bushings are behind the printhead on the bottom rail. they are pretty easy to put in. just make sure if you do it to watch and make sure you put them in the right way. but still not hard to do. There is one screw that you unscrew and there is a metal plate that covers the bushing. get a dental pick or whatever you call them and it will make it easier to take the bushing out..and there is one on the other side of the printhead too.

hope this helps

• Josh Steenbergen

February 11, 2011 at 5:36 pm
    quote Russell Huffer:

I thought that Y axis is media movement motor and X axis is the head.
    So the problem is not with the head but the motor turning the pinch rollers.

Regards

Russell.

no the y motor controls the belts for the printheads.

• Lynn Normington

February 11, 2011 at 6:14 pm

excuse me

• Josh Steenbergen

February 11, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I was giving him that info and anybody else that looks at earlier posts like I do to maybe find the answer I am looking for. I understand that it should be resolved. Just for other people that have the same problems and would like to find the answer. I hate when people post stuff but don’t really post the answers to the question that was asked or if it was just vague.

• Stafford Cox

February 23, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Did you manage to get this fault sorted out James? The Y axis is definitely the scan direction (same direction as the head travel) and X axis is feed.

As Dave said, the Y motor is being overloaded, either due to a faulty brush in the motor or an obstruction on the Y bar (lower silver bar that the head travels along). I suppose it could be something to do with the encoder strip or sensor, Y bar or bushes, or even mainboard in some cases. Most likely though, the motor will need replacing. Beware though, because the motors have a very thin glass encoder disk on the back of them, Mimaki can charge what they like for them. IIRC, Hybrid wanted £995 + VAT for one about 2 years ago!! I’d hate think what they charge now. Obviously, there are other places to acquire these parts from though.

Let me know if you get stuck at all as we often have JV3S’s pass through here that we strip for spares

Stafford