Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Mimaki JV3-130 Black not printing correctly,need help :)

• Mimaki JV3-130 Black not printing correctly,need help :)

Posted by Adam Ali Adam Ali on May 6, 2016 at 8:23 am

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone can help or offer advice. I have a Mimaki JV3-130SPII, however recently it hasn’t had much use and the problem I have is that when you do a test draw, the black head only outputs a partial print, of the 8 lines it prints part of the first 4 only. I have attached an image of this. I have cleaned around the edges of all the heads, done many cleaning cycles including nozzle wash, disway and custody as well as soft, normal and strong cleaning cycles. Despite that I am unable to get the black nozzles fully firing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Adam.

Attachments:

Adam Ali Adam Ali replied 7 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Stafford Cox Stafford Cox

May 6, 2016 at 9:55 am

Hi Adam.

When you do a nozzle wash, does the solution stay in the black cap or drain away immediately?

Stafford

• Adam Ali Adam Ali

May 6, 2016 at 3:23 pm

It did drain away immediately, I noticed the tube connecting underneath the cap was loose so have re-attached the tube and now the liquid stays in the cap. I just did a test draw and presto 90% of the nozzles are back 🙂

MANY MANY thanks for pointing that out. God bless you!

• Stafford Cox Stafford Cox

May 10, 2016 at 9:28 am

No probs, glad I could be of help.

Stafford

• Adam Ali Adam Ali

August 30, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Hello Stafford, that same problem has come back but this time there is no black coming through at all. Any ideas?