Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Mimaki Cutters Miamki cg130 fx cutting problem

• Miamki cg130 fx cutting problem

Posted by Steve Warburton on October 21, 2010 at 11:46 am

Our plotter has spent the last few years doing mainly 600 X 400 square signs and a few small simple sticker jobs.

We are producing a smallish sticker and am getting a snag on the corners.

speed is 25
    pressure 180
    offset 30

we have replaced the blade with new.
    The blade is in the inner holder.

We are trying to cut the sticker so it drops out (no weeding). We have deleted a couple of small areas of the line if we don’t the vinyl just kinks and stops the job.

PS what is the purpose of the outer holder.

Cheers

SteveW

Attachments:

Stafford Cox replied 13 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Peter Normington

October 21, 2010 at 1:39 pm

the pupose of the outer holder is to do this very action. it has a softer cutting strip so the blade should last longer
    you need to set up the half cut function either on the plotter or in the rip.
    The half cut function leaves a small tab olong the cut line so the decal can be pushed out easily

Peter

• Steve Warburton

October 25, 2010 at 9:08 am

Thanks for the info. Working a treat now we know what we are doing……….

• Stafford Cox

November 4, 2010 at 2:01 pm

I have a print and cut ‘how to’ PDF that I made a couple of years ago if you need it? It is based on the Mimaki CG-FX plotter and Finecut software.

Stafford

• Steve Warburton

November 4, 2010 at 2:09 pm

We solved the problem once we realised we were working the worng way round for 3 years

The PDF would be great.

parkforce@googlemail.com

• Stafford Cox

November 4, 2010 at 2:14 pm
    quote Steve Warburton:

We solved the problem once we realised we were working the worng way round for 3 years

The PDF would be great.

parkforce@googlemail.com

Good stuff. Well done to Peter on that one then. I’ll send you the PDF over this afternoon.

Stafford