Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers Issues printing onto Contravision Performance with HP365

• Issues printing onto Contravision Performance with HP365

Posted by Myles Brewer on April 20, 2021 at 11:25 am

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has had issues printing onto Contravision with the HP365?

I’m sure I’ve managed previously to do a few bits but I’m having major issues currently with the media lifting slightly right in the centre & the head then just ribs it & smears the ink before it leaves the platten & feeds into the dryer. I’m using a generic SAV profile (There doesn’t appear to be one for Contravision) & have tried ramping up the vacuum to about 65 but no luck & it ain’t cheap stuff to keep testing!!😢

Myles Brewer replied 3 years ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Colin Crabb

April 20, 2021 at 4:05 pm

Is the media connected to the take up system ?

• Russell Huffer

April 20, 2021 at 9:40 pm

I am seeing exactly the same issue on my JV33 the way i cure it is by lifting the head up to max height.

• Myles Brewer

April 21, 2021 at 11:00 am

Hi Colin, No it isn’t & from previous similar experience with certain papers even that doesn’t seem to cure the issue. I didn’t want to go that route due to waste & it being an expensive media, but can try adding a bit of cheapo monomeric as a leader I guess.

Russel, Unfortunately, you can adjust the head height on the 365 as far as I’m aware.

• Colin Crabb

April 21, 2021 at 4:33 pm

Make sure media is exiting the machine by 6inches, add some weights (we use heavy duty bulldog clip and small lump of brass from and old machine 🤣)

This will keep the media in tension while going through the heater section, helping reduce the media ripples.

Heat may need to be reduced from generic profile,

• Myles Brewer

April 21, 2021 at 5:57 pm

Thanks Colin, will give that a shot, fingers crossed.🤞

Will let you know how I get on when I get back to it.

• Myles Brewer

April 22, 2021 at 11:04 am

You’re a genius Colin!!👏 That seems to have done the trick along with a different profile with 16 pass & 70 vacuum.👍. Just the job & thanks for the help.