Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers HP Latex L26650 – GCC Jaguar IV – Coreldraw X8, initial setup assistance please.

• HP Latex L26650 – GCC Jaguar IV – Coreldraw X8, initial setup assistance please.

Posted by Ian Murdoch on April 7, 2020 at 9:42 am

Hi folks
    Happy to have found this forum and first post here.
    I hope to be of assistance in the future, on this forum where I can be, have had lots of experience over the year in sign making generally.

For now, I would be grateful for your help and advice.
    Some years ago I owned an HP Latex 25500 coupled with the plotter I have now (GCC Jaguar IV) and using Coreldraw for design and output.

I still have the plotter and have just bought a secondhand HP latex L26500 in good condition, a Wasatch RIP comes with it.
    For the life of me I cannot remember anything to do with outputting to the printer and/or using the contour cut facility.

Just asking for initial general assistance please, then when printer arrives I could hopefully zoom into problems which I am sure to encounter.

Thanks very much in anticipation.

Attachments:

Ian Murdoch replied 4 years ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

April 7, 2020 at 8:12 pm

Hi Ian

Welcome to the boards mate, good to have you here!
    Please consider loading your profile picture also, if not sure how send to chris@uksignboards.com and we will load it for you. makes all the difference to the volume of responses to your posts get and the site on the whole.

With regards to your setup, it’s all different from ours although the same principle.

Software
    in your software, you have to assign a contour cut to your graphic.
    let’s say you have a red circle, you then want a vector cut path applied to that, with or without a bleed.

RIP
    within your RIP software, you want to have "contour cutting enabled" when setting up the file for print.
    when you enable this, you may be asked to identify the cutter its for by selecting one from a drop-down choice of cutters.

Printer
    when the file has ripped and has been sent to your printer. it will proceed to print your graphic along with registration marks, barcodes or whatever your cutter in question will require to identify the graphics position on the vinyl.

Cutter
    after printing, you will load the cutter with the printed vinyl.
    Dependant on the cutter software, or plugin, this may vary.
    but you will then set the cutter to seek and identify the registration marks printed around the graphic.
    once it reads these marks, it will then proceed to contour cut the printed graphic.

As i say, my machines and software, RIP is all different to yours, but are based on the same principles.

best fo luck.

• Colin Crabb

April 8, 2020 at 9:06 am

H Ian,

Just to make you aware of this:

HP has announced End of Life for L26500 & L28500 Latex Printers, Inks & accessories will cease.
    Product Discontinuation Notification for HP 792 Ink Cartridges, Printheads, and Cleaning and Maintenance Kits – beginning April 30th, 2020.

Beginning April 30th, 2020 HP will begin a country-specific process to discontinue HP LX610 and HP 792 Ink Cartridges, HP LX610 and HP 792 Printheads, and HP LX600 and HP792 Cleaning and Maintenance Kits which will no longer be available for purchase.

Below are the supplies impacted.

HP 792 775-ml Black Latex Ink Cartridge CN705A
    HP 792 775-ml Cyan Latex Ink Cartridge CN706A
    HP 792 775-ml Magenta Latex Ink Cartridge CN707A
    HP 792 775-ml Yellow Latex Ink Cartridge CN708A
    HP 792 775-ml Light Cyan Latex Ink Cartridge CN709A
    HP 792 775-ml Light Magenta Latex Ink Cartridge CN710A
    HP 792 Yellow/Black Latex Printhead CN702A
    HP 792 Cyan/Light Cyan Latex Printhead CN703A
    HP 792 Light Magenta/Magenta Latex Printhead CN704A
    HP 792 Latex Ink Maintenance Kit CR279A
    HP 792 Latex Printhead Cleaning Kit CR278A
    HP LX600 Scitex Maintenance Kit CC591A
    HP 789/792 Latex Printhead Cleaning Container CH622A

COMPATIBILITY
    The following printer series are the only ones compatible with the above supplies:
    L26500 and L28500

HP will use commercially reasonable effort to provide service support in regard to spare parts, phone and onsite support for the range of printers using the consumables listed above.

• Ian Murdoch

April 8, 2020 at 6:37 pm

Thank you Robert, noted, and it’s helped clarify, also sent a pic to Chris.

Yes Colin, thanks, I was aware of this but the company who I might be buying from has said that they have enough supplies in stock for the ‘foreseeable future’ but you are right to make me aware again that I could be getting into trouble further down the line, will need to do more research on this before I buy, look into possibility of non OEM suppliers perhaps, usually when original manufacturers remove their products, other companies jump into the vacuum but not always if there is insufficient demand…. thanks again for highlighting it, ‘buyer beware’ and all that.

• Graham Scanlan

April 11, 2020 at 7:49 am

Hi Ian,

For your info

NOTE that HP may be required to discontinue earlier in particular countries or jurisdictions if they implement the Stockholm Convention ban earlier than December 3rd, 2020. In particular, the European Union has not yet published legislation setting the date from which the Stockholm Convention ban will apply in the EU but there is a possibility that the date could be as early as July 4th, 2020.

• Ian Murdoch

April 14, 2020 at 10:21 am

Thanks again people, decided with my business partner not to go ahead with the purchase but to wait until things lighten up with the Covid-19 thing and then choose a more current model, meantime ordered a CNC router instead, the quiet time will give me chance to begin to understand the complexities of design for output to CNC 3 axis machinery.