Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers HP Latex 360 vs 365 – What’s the difference?

• HP Latex 360 vs 365 – What’s the difference?

Posted by Hugh Potter on November 1, 2020 at 8:42 pm

By 8am tomorrow Monday 2nd) I’ll be in Essex looking at a low mileage Latex 360, I have looked up the specs on the 360 & 365 but cannot see any discernible difference between the two printers. Can anyone explain the differences please?

Hugh

Hugh Potter replied 3 years, 4 months ago 6 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Colin Crabb

November 2, 2020 at 8:27 am

365 is just a updated version.

Slightly reduced overspray (can’t notice any difference), improved power transformer (a fault on some early 360’s), new media tension thingy (aka a weight pully, that’s still in the box), reduced noise level (we think!), ‘might’ be quicker – That’s all we have noticed in the real world situation,

• Hugh Potter

November 2, 2020 at 2:35 pm

Thanks Colin,

I really can’t find any difference in the written specs.

Best

Hugh

• Shane Drew

November 21, 2020 at 5:31 am

I’ve got a 360 and a 365.

365 is quicker, really noticeable on a big job, and the ink usage is definitely less than the 360.

The menu options are also more extensive on the 365 than the 360. All in all, it is an improvement on the 360 in many ways. I’ll trade up the 360 as soon as the lease is finished.

• Hugh Potter

November 21, 2020 at 4:48 pm

Thank you Shane.

Always nice to have the opinion of those who own both!

Best

Hugh

• Robert Lambie

Administrator
    November 3, 2020 at 12:25 am

How did your demo go Hugh, did you make a decision mate?

• Hugh Potter

November 3, 2020 at 3:39 pm

Hi Rob,

I decided to wait a little longer, the machine was low miles at only 8000m and 90ltr of ink but I wasn’t convinced it was the machine for me. I brought some test prints home and did identical prints on my 26500 and actually felt the 26500 was better!

I very very nearly just went for it but gut feeling held me back…. someone will snap it up and get a bargain, I know, but..!!

• Myriam Garrido

November 3, 2020 at 7:38 pm

How much was the 360 if you don’t mind me asking Hugh ? How are you finding getting consumables for the L26500 as well now HP have stopped making stuff for them?

• Hugh Potter

November 3, 2020 at 10:43 pm

Seller was asking £6000 including an old 1600wide heated laminator.

I’ve pretty much given up looking for genuine inks, they’re there but at nearly £120 + shiping and VAT a pop, getting ridiculous. I bought a job lot of reputable 3rd part ink and have to say, it’s great. Though I’ll continue with genuine where I have it. I also have a stock of heads so, all being well, I should have at least 6 months worth of consumables. By the time they run out, I expect to have bought a replacement printer.

• Martyn Heath

November 4, 2020 at 5:53 am

Question- As youve mentioned before hugh, hp seem to cut their older models loose which causes the problems your experiencing with consumables etc. I remember you talking about this in the past and how your still paying for the machine. So my question is why are you going for another hp that surely in few years down the line will have the same issues?

• Hugh Potter

November 5, 2020 at 8:52 am

The 360 and 365 are the same machine, and as the 365 is still current I can’t see them shutting that one down so soon. The 26500 was an ‘old model’ 5-6 years ago, there were a handful of new ones still floating about but not mainstream. My own 26500 was 3-4 yrs old when I bought it, just mega low miles at around 3000 mtrs or print. I bought it with the windows laptop / rip, 1400 easymount laminator (not the cheapy one) and a brand new summa cutter, so my repayments weren’t just on that HP, spread them a little longer than required but that’s pretty much paid off now.

I didn’t buy the 360 after all. Gut feeling and all that.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Hugh Potter.
      • Martyn Heath

November 5, 2020 at 10:55 am

ok now i understand. 👍

• Colin Crabb

November 4, 2020 at 5:33 pm

at nearly £120 + shiping and VAT

Ouch, that’s nearly £40 more than genuine 831c ink.

I don’t think HP will be changing the system anytime soon, I understand that a new variant model is under going testing at the moment with white ink option (using the tech / ink from R series)

• Hugh Potter

November 5, 2020 at 8:56 am

Yup! when I bought it 5 yrs ago, the cost of the carts was around £80. they’ve gradually gone up, but around £20 a cart since HP said they were stopping production.