Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers HP Latex 360 cutting out during print

• HP Latex 360 cutting out during print

Posted by David Gwyndaf Povah on June 6, 2018 at 11:00 am

Hi any help appreciated

our printer the last couple of days has decided that during prints it stops near the end but comes up with no errors or warning the job seems complete but its not. it then proceeds to dry the print and in cases we have it set to cut off after so many prints it carries on to do that as well as if the jobs finished .

i have had a search online and cant find anything so hoping someone here has experienced this ?

TIA David!

Jonathan Dray replied 5 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Colin Crabb

June 6, 2018 at 11:44 am

Are you sending jobs via a RIP (onyx etc)?

We had similar situation, and turned out that the RIP was going into ‘standby’ and causing the job to stop! 😉 From memory the L360 screen says ‘the current job unexpectedly stopped’

• David Gwyndaf Povah

June 6, 2018 at 12:39 pm

HI

yes im using onyx 12 , i checked the printer and there was nothing on screen but that doesn’t mean to say there wasn’t something there before i went to it …

how was the problem solved with yours? ive cleared the rips past jobs and reset everything but it still does it on large prints but the files are relatively small.. :shocked:

i have a large 20m long wallpaper job to print and i don’t want to chance it on that

• Colin Crabb

June 6, 2018 at 1:25 pm

We worked around the issue by going to the PC’s power saving options, and changing the standby options.
    Pretty sure there’s a better solution! but it worked for us.

• Jonathan Dray

June 6, 2018 at 7:28 pm

We had similar issues with our 360 but we’re using Caldera and the rip kept saying it was an interpreter error. We think the printer was printing faster than the data was arriving over the network. We found a setting in the rip to allow for “network latency” that fingers crossed seems to have corrected it. Might be worth looking into.