Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers HP Latex 315 Fumes Issue – is this a health risk?

• HP Latex 315 Fumes Issue – is this a health risk?

Posted by Billy Lawton on February 24, 2019 at 10:05 am

HP LATEX 315

Hi there,
    Anyone have any advice on the fumes / smoke that comes off the printer when printing dark heavy colours?

We have extractors in the print room but it still irritates my eyes – does anyone know if this is dangerous or a risk to health?

Sometimes it’s like a thick fog in here!

Cheers

Billy

Kevin Busby replied 5 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

February 24, 2019 at 3:59 pm

Quick reply… it’s not fumes / smoke it’s a condensation type mist. We have a couple of latex machines and get it once in a blue moon.

• Billy Lawton

February 24, 2019 at 4:32 pm

Thanks Robert
    It seems to happen every time we print solid blacks – yes it’s a thick mist – we’re wondering if we have the setting a little wrong – will call HP tomorrow.

Thank you

• Bernard Gallagher

February 24, 2019 at 7:44 pm

Ah your print room must b damp or very cold. Only happens us on frosty mornings or after Xmas hols

• Hugh Potter

February 25, 2019 at 10:07 am

My workshop production areas are usually a steady 20-22°C 24/7 and I rarely ever see the mist anymore. At my old premises – which would vary from bloody cold to 15°C at best would fog up very nicely if I was printing long dark prints (black, Navy etc.), it’s just condensation where the water is forced out of the inks as they dry.

It was quite a shock the first time I saw it though, was printing a 24m x 1m of predominantly a dark navy stripe for a lorry body, I set it off and got my head down into some artwork, when I looked up again about an hour later I could barely see the end of the workshop!!

• Billy Lawton

February 25, 2019 at 10:37 am

Thanks everyone – my print room is bone dry, but around 15 degrees – so I’ll put the heat up to 22 and see what happens – thank you all for your info – really helps 🙂

• Kevin Busby

February 26, 2019 at 11:19 am

If your wanting to keep the temp a little lower to save some heating overnight we found running a de-humidifier for a few hours every day would keep any damp out of the products and keep the misting down to almost zero.