Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers HP L26500, changing PH cleaning kit, advice please

• HP L26500, changing PH cleaning kit, advice please

Posted by Hugh Potter on May 11, 2017 at 3:20 pm

Hi all,

I’m about to order a new print head cleaning kit and maintenance kit for the L26500, I notice on the list of parts from my supplier that the print head cleaning kit has (listed seperately) a cleaning kit container.

I’ve never replaced this kit to date and need to know.. Do I need the cleaning kit container, or do I simply put the new cleaning kit in the old container?

Thanks,
    Hugh

Hugh Potter replied 6 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Peter Wynne Pete Wynne

May 11, 2017 at 3:40 pm

If you’re talking about the square plastic tub at the back and bottom of the machine, then yes, change that also if you’re replacing the ink maintenance kit.

It gets filled with waste ink and if you don’t change it, the waste ink starts backing up and you’ll need to strip it down to clean it (as I’ve experienced!). Seems a bit daft that it isn’t part of the kit as standard as we’ve often forgot to order one whilst ordering a new kit, but hey ho.

• Hugh Potter

May 11, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Thank you Peter,
    Much appreciated.

• Peter Munday

May 12, 2017 at 10:23 am

Hugh

When my 26500 was installed I was told by the fitter to drill a hole in the top and empty it out now and again as it was a waste of money bying a new one each time. I normaly half fill a plastice drinks bottle with cat litter and then empty the ink tub into that, as it’s a water based ink I just put it in with my normal waste.
    Just remember to keep an eye on the tub because if you leave it to long it will overflow onto your nice clean floor. :shocked:

• Hugh Potter

May 12, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Hi Peter,
    That’s interesting, thank you. Is this the printhead cleaning kit or the maintenance kit??

I presume the maintenance kit is the tub below the printer? I should read the destructions book! when I moved the printer that spilled once before so it’s poss someone already has tampered with it!! I’ll check asap.

thanks,
    Hugh

• Peter Johnson

May 12, 2017 at 1:47 pm

The printhead cleaning kit (CR278A) is just the tray bit and the little blue plastic bit that goes just inside the access window.

The maintenance kit (CR279A) is the little blue plastic bit, the tube that goes down to the container and the filter that sits inside the top of the container.

And finally, the container (CH622A) is a separate item all on it’s own.

EDIT: Not too sure what’s happening, but the attached pictures are in the right order when I preview the post, but the wrong order when I submit it.

Anyway, I’m sure you’ll work it out.

• Hugh Potter

May 13, 2017 at 11:42 am

Many thanks again Peter!!!

• Hugh Potter

May 17, 2017 at 11:32 am
    quote Peter Johnson:

The printhead cleaning kit (CR278A) is just the tray bit and the little blue plastic bit that goes just inside the access window.

The maintenance kit (CR279A) is the little blue plastic bit, the tube that goes down to the container and the filter that sits inside the top of the container.

And finally, the container (CH622A) is a separate item all on it’s own.

EDIT: Not too sure what’s happening, but the attached pictures are in the right order when I preview the post, but the wrong order when I submit it.

Anyway, I’m sure you’ll work it out.

Seems I didn’t need the ‘maintenance kit’, just the PH cleaning kit and the grey tub, which I changed anyway – despite only being 91% full… having had an ink spill before, 91% is full enough!!

The PH cleaning kit warning has gone (after a restart) but it is still telling me that the Ink waste is at 91%, how do I reset this??

• Kevin Busby Kevin Busby

May 18, 2017 at 9:38 am

I think you need to change CR279A to get the ink reset as it recognises the funnel as a new part and assumes you then change the tubes and the filter on top of the bucket that comes in that kit but honestly never had a warning on mine to say it was full as I always changed it when it felt heavy.

• Hugh Potter

May 18, 2017 at 10:46 am
    quote Kevin Busby:

I think you need to change CR279A to get the ink reset as it recognises the funnel as a new part and assumes you then change the tubes and the filter on top of the bucket that comes in that kit but honestly never had a warning on mine to say it was full as I always changed it when it felt heavy.

I did change the funnel, just not the pipes. the funnel came as part of the ink maintenance kit so I didn’t need the pipe / funnel kit!

H