Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers HP Designjet 3800cp. Need drivers, does anyone have them?

• HP Designjet 3800cp. Need drivers, does anyone have them?

Posted by Payton Kraucyk on July 31, 2018 at 12:37 am

Hi
    I recently bought a HP Designjet 3800cp used, and have been trying to set it up for a while now. The only issue I’m having is that I can’t get the printer to interface with a computer. The closest I’ve gotten is that I’ll try sending something to the computer to print, and the printer will display "Receiving" as it’s status message, and then will go back to "Ready" a couple seconds afterwards, without printing anything out. I’ve tried many different drivers, but none of them seem to work. I haven’t come across a dedicated driver for the 3800cp, only for the 2500/3500cp (which I haven’t had any luck with.) So if anybody knows anything about how to solve this issue, has the correct drivers, or even just owns a 3800cp and knows how to get it up and running, please respond to this. I’ve been trying to get this to work for a while now and nothing seems to work.
    Thanks,
    Payton K.

Paul Wagner replied 5 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Paul Wagner

July 31, 2018 at 12:56 am

The CP Series is technology from the late 1990s. As I recall, the 3800CP was sold with, and was intended to be driven from a Fiery hardware RIP. the 2500CP and 3500CP were driven from a software-based RIP.

Paul Wagner
    Solutions Architect
    HP Inc.