Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers HP 360 Banding on Blue Shades

Tagged: , , ,

• HP 360 Banding on Blue Shades

Posted by Mike Wilkinson on September 14, 2020 at 6:59 pm

Hi

I’ve a HP 360 and I’ve just started getting banding appearing only on the blue shades. Any one have clues why only blue – is it a blocked head? See attached image.

Thanks

Mike

Colin Crabb replied 3 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Colin Crabb

September 14, 2020 at 8:36 pm

Cyan / Magenta head or LCyan / Lmag head needs changing – just run a test pattern, you will see any drop out.

• Hugh Potter

September 14, 2020 at 8:43 pm

Is the 360 not like the 26500 – by that I mean head config of 2x K+Y, M+LM, C+LC

Mike.. you’ll need to go into the menu and run some test plots. sometimes head cleans will sort it out, other times you’ll need to replace the head. typically I replace all the heads in the course of a 12 month period – usually only ever due to quality rather than the head throwing a terminal fault. That said, if you’r machine is under warranty, I’m pretty sure you need to swap out “out of warranty heads”, details can be found under “printhead information”

H

• Robert Lambie

Administrator
    September 14, 2020 at 8:47 pm

have you had a head strike?

it could be something as simple as that. I try to always carry a full set of spare heads. changed in a couple of minutes and gets you back up and running. I think HP heads around £80-£100. do a print test to see which has gone.

• Colin Crabb

September 15, 2020 at 8:09 am

Sorry didn’t make myself clear – blue is made up from Cyan and Magenta – so its one of those associated heads is misfiring, a plot test will show you.

Hugh, on a 360, printheads are:

Cyan + Black

Yellow + Magenta

Light Mag + Light Cyan <—- this is the one to check!

Optimizer

We carry a few spare heads for our fleet, it saves panic when you get this issue.