Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers HP 330 Latex Print Issue – Scratching on way out of machine

• HP 330 Latex Print Issue – Scratching on way out of machine

Posted by Billy Higgins Billy Higgins on September 13, 2019 at 12:24 pm

i keep getting marks on the print where the vinyl seems to be catching something on its way out of the printer..

Is the drying temperature too high? Any ideas?

Using the print settings recommended by the vinyl supplier..

Cheers

Billy

Attachments:

Tim de Beir replied 4 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Jim Adams James Adams

September 13, 2019 at 3:24 pm

It looks like it’s hitting the underside of the heater, most materials do it a bit on our 360.
    We use the take-up to get around it.

• Colin Crabb

September 13, 2019 at 4:57 pm

Defo’ hitting the underside of the heat – as jim says, use the take up reel, or clips with weights 😉

• David Wilde

September 16, 2019 at 9:56 am

We used to get this a lot.

Switched to vinyls with the lay flat liner where possible

Metamark and LG have decent options available.

Otherwise I’d get the vinyl tied up to the take up roll before printing. It wastes material but should solve the issue.

• Billy Higgins Billy Higgins

September 16, 2019 at 11:08 am

Cheers Guys,

Yeah messed around with heat and tension and managed to solve it on smaller run stuff but for longer stuff will deffo be using take up roll.. (Y)

• Kevin Busby Kevin Busby

September 23, 2019 at 9:44 am

Yep its deff down to the media backing paper, the vinyl might be latex compatible but the backing paper sure is not. Can get rid of it by adding a little weight to the piece thats coming out the front until enough is out to keep it flat but thats really just a solution to get rid of the media and change to something else.

LG all the way for me on Latex.

• Tim de Beir

September 28, 2019 at 2:27 pm

It’s a common problem with monomeric vinyl, I can’t use monomeric and deep dark colours for printing…
    Lucky me all I do is more polymeric and cast!