Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers HP 310 Latex Color variance

• HP 310 Latex Color variance

Posted by Susan Stewart on June 14, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Color output variations on HP latex 310 using Flexiprint basic. Each time I send the same ripped file stored in Flexiprint basic to our HP latex 310, I get slightly different coloration in my canvas prints. Same file, same color profile, same setting, but sometimes I get a red hue, sometimes a green hue etc. I am not getting consistent prints even though I am using the same ripped file. This has been happening on and off for quite some time. We are looking to upgrade to better rip software. Any input would be great. Thanks.

Kevin Busby replied 5 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Kevin Busby

June 15, 2018 at 8:46 am

Since getting the 310 two years ago Ive used Onyx 99% of the time but for a period I did have the Flexiprint pro and whilst I did not notice print variants on the same item I certainly noticed a diffrences in colours compared to the Onyx prints of the same file and sometimes even compared to the screen view. I also have the free version now but it uses the same engine as the pro without some of the features so would expect it to be the same.

Cannot really help you much more than that but if it helps your welcome to send me a file which I can print on my 310 using onyx and post it back so you can see the comparison.

• David McCarroll

June 15, 2018 at 9:25 am

One thing to mention is if your looking for consistency with a regular file thats being printed then running colour calibration will maintain consistency. we run a calibration once a week on our most used medias and this helps.

• Susan Stewart

June 15, 2018 at 12:52 pm

David,
    Thank you for your reply. We did do 2 color calibrations yesterday, and the print looked exactly the same. We also updated the firmware on the printer. We got the same result. We’re not sure what to do next.

• Susan Stewart

June 15, 2018 at 12:54 pm

Kevin,
    Thank you the offer. We will probably do that. Which file format do you recommend us sending it in to you?

• Kevin Busby

June 16, 2018 at 8:33 am
    quote Susan Stewart:

Kevin,
    Thank you the offer. We will probably do that. Which file format do you recommend us sending it in to you?

Always prefer pdf file when possible, you can email it to me kev at kjsigns . uk if you like along with address, ill print it on vinyl and post it out asap for you.

• Alex Crosbie

June 17, 2018 at 1:27 pm

If you’re running the same ripped file on the same machine on the same material and getting a colour variation then I would look at the other variables involved.

What is the environment that the printer is in? Does the temperature change? Where are the materials stored and is the temperature consistent?

• Susan Stewart

June 19, 2018 at 12:39 pm

Thanks for all the help. It appears that we have it figured out. We changed a setting in Flexi, and we have printed several times with good results. We changed the setting to linearization only instead of color correction.

• Kevin Busby

June 20, 2018 at 10:11 am

Hi Susan

Thanks very much for posting back your resolve, My HP version is set to the same as yours was so i will now change this and see if it improves things.

Whilst I do like Onyx I use Flexi for design and it would be good to be able to cut and print using one software thats a reasonable monthly charge rather than large outlay for each new printer and yearly fees.

Thanks