Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers HP 26500 Printhead drive belt

• HP 26500 Printhead drive belt

Posted by Peter Munday on September 6, 2018 at 5:25 pm

Can anyone tell me is it possible to change the printhead drive belt yourself or is it an engineer call out?
    Also does anyone know what is done for service 1 and 2.

Peter

Peter Munday replied 5 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Kevin Busby

September 7, 2018 at 8:24 am

Hi Peter

This might help a little but I’m no techy. When I had my 26500 the drive belt was removed several times on visits by engineers and from what I could see was not very hard to remove but much more fiddly to put back and on several occasions I had to hold part in place when they attached the other end.

Again from memory there is 3 service levels, A B & C, C service is first and is basically all the waste pipes and filters etc. Never had a b or a but Im told A service basically replaces everything that moves or has ink through it and a B would be between the two.

From memory a C service cost me aprox £380 in parts and 1.5hrs time to fit, never had the next ones. The web server status page should tell you what % you are through each service giving you an idea when its due.

Sorry its sketchy but give you something to think about until someone gives you the full details.

Kev

• Unknown Member

September 7, 2018 at 8:52 am

I would give Les a call from http://www.1stcall4service.com

He will give you all the advice you need and only then sell you an engineer visit should you need it.

His very good and will give you advice over the phone

Tell him I put you in touch

• Peter Munday

September 7, 2018 at 10:26 am

Thank’s guys, my drive belt is beggining to shred itself to pieces so it will not be long now before it needs to be replaced, best get it done while I’m quiet I guess.

Peter