Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers HP 25500 Whats the real difference

• HP 25500 Whats the real difference

Posted by Mark Lord on April 30, 2017 at 7:56 am

Hi,
    I currently have a Roland Versacamm SP540V, getting on a it now but still in perfect working order…
    I have a lot of jobs that are a quick turn a round and have trouble with the inks drying time, also when on a large print and the print rolls over on itself for some reason and sticks to itself causing the print of 6 meters to be ruined.

So i have seen a HP 25500 Latex machine for sale for 3K and have a couple of questions before i take the plunge.

They are supposed to be instant dry and not need lamination, is this really the case?

What is the comparison in INK costs with head costs and such? I am running Roland EcoSol inks at present at £68 for the 440ml carts. Just had 2 new heads in Nov for £650.

Can i use any media as i do the solvent printer? Like Banners, Canvas, Vinyl of course and Digital Print T-Shirt flex.?

Thank you for any answers or comments on this, I have a Summa T1400 cutter that will cut contours so wont miss the Print and cut of the Roland.

Thank You

Mark.

Robert Lambie replied 6 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Robert Lambie

April 30, 2017 at 1:13 pm

I am not clued up on all different series of Latex printers by any means.

the earlier models do need laminated more than the new models because my understanding is the prints scratched easier.

Yes they are instantly dry when they come out the machine.

Any prints being applied to a vehicle, should be laminated regardless of printer, solvent or latex, so the quick drying and lamination process is very good here.

Heads are a consumable and cost around £100 each dependant on where you buy, delivery charge, your discount if any from supplier etc. installation only takes a few minutes and its just like changing an ink cart on a desktop printer.

The latex will print on a great range of media…
    The grey area is that latex uses "heat" to cure and much more of it in comparison to a solvent or UV machine. this being the case, cheap budget materials and those containing a lot of PVC etc. tend to distort or warp a bit in the heat.

Ink carts will vary on machine series and whoever you buy from. think the carts are 750ml and cost from about £85-£100 each. shop around and you will get better prices. again, im basing this on 360 models, not sure on the earlier latex printers.

there are pros and cons of any printer and ink type on the market. you need to look closely at what you put out daily and tick the pros and cons list and ultimately decide what is best for your business.