Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Mimaki Cutters Help with Mimaki CG-160-FX plotter, please?

• Help with Mimaki CG-160-FX plotter, please?

Posted by Josh Steenbergen on January 27, 2015 at 11:04 pm

I can’t seem to get plotter to read sheet size. It will will read the pinch rollers and assuming its reading the width. When it gets to the length. It will read the top of the page (head). Then when it goes to read the tail (bottom) of page. The plotter just keeps running and runs the whole sheet out of plotter. I am lost on whats wrong with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Running 3m control tac and white static cling. Through plotter if that helps.

Also I read maybe it might be the sensor eye. How do you test the sensor to see if that is the problem.

thanks in advance

Stafford Cox replied 9 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Stafford Cox

January 28, 2015 at 2:59 pm

I hate to answer your question with a question, but why are you asking it to look for the length of the media in the first place? I don’t use them in production at all but have been installing and training people on them for years. Can you not just set up the width and send a job down to it that you know will fit on the length?

Stafford

• Jon Marshall

January 28, 2015 at 3:28 pm

Are you selecting ‘leaf’ ?

• Josh Steenbergen

January 28, 2015 at 5:36 pm
    quote Stafford Cox:

I hate to answer your question with a question, but why are you asking it to look for the length of the media in the first place? I don’t use them in production at all but have been installing and training people on them for years. Can you not just set up the width and send a job down to it that you know will fit on the length?

Stafford

I am using finecut, through illustrator. printer makes the registration marks and then you go to plot job. the plotter will get the over all size of media before it cuts job.

I’m thinking it is the sensor going bad.

• Josh Steenbergen

January 28, 2015 at 5:39 pm
    quote Jon Marshall:

Are you selecting ‘leaf’ ?

yes, I am selection leaf. When the plotter goes to read media it will not stop running when it reaches the bottom. I think it is the sensor going bad.

• Gary Barker

January 28, 2015 at 10:57 pm

try using a cotton wool bud or blowing it sometimes it gets full of dust

• Stafford Cox

January 29, 2015 at 9:45 am

Hmm, I see.

What size and thickness of markers are you using? You could try drawing over them with a black marker?

Also, there are two different places to set up how many markers it detects. When you first set TP1, does it try and scan all markers at that point? If it does, trying setting the plotter up to just look for one to start with.

Stafford