Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Printer Ink HELP !! Roland Cadet SP-300 Emptied ALL ink into waste

• HELP !! Roland Cadet SP-300 Emptied ALL ink into waste

Posted by PAUL12862 on March 18, 2014 at 11:19 am

So overnight our Roland SP300 has decided to empty all its ink into the waste ink bottle which has obviously overflowed all over the floor, i have searched the net but cannot find anybody reporting this problem, the printer was switched off on the control panel at the front so it must have started itself up to do the longest cleaning it has ever done! does anyone know what this problem could be or has anybody heard of any printer doing this?
    Thanks
    Paul12862

PAUL12862 replied 10 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Phill Fenton

March 18, 2014 at 11:31 am

Yup – this has happened and been discussed here before:-
    https://www.uksignboards.com/viewtopic.p … hon#332242

• PAUL12862

March 20, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Hi Phill, thanks for sending that link, that makes sense, i spoke to Roland and they said that the printer must not be level, however putting a spirt level on the printer and on the base shows the printer is spot on level, the odd bit is that yesterday morning we found that there was ink on the floor because as shown in the other thread the waste was full, so we emptied all the ink and cleaned the floor, however the next day we then found that it had emptied all of the ink (three brand new 440ml carts and one half used), i have spoke to Andy from cmyk soloutions and he is going hopefully come and service the machine later this month, he ran through many things it may be such as a hole in a damper, hole in the head, capping station sponge touching the head ect.. i have installed 4 new 440ml carts and done a print this morning, have also removed the waste bottle and placed some rag on a stool under the waste tube so as to see if we get anymore waste spilling out, i think i will be pulling out the carts overnight to avoid another costly accident.