Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Help on bitmap print setup sp300 / cadet etc

• Help on bitmap print setup sp300 / cadet etc

Posted by Rob Hutch Rob Hutch on June 11, 2020 at 11:18 am

Hi all, over the last week the PC decided to completely stop, so ive set a new one up, since doing this the bitmap / photo images are printing dreadful, I think Ive entered the settings correctly but still the images are not as good as they used to be, any one have the correct settings that produce good printed images

Rip Troop ( flexisign )
    Roland SP 300

Rob Hutch Rob Hutch replied 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Chris Wool

June 11, 2020 at 9:47 pm

my old colour rip much prefers rgb not cmyk, cmyk always looks washed out.

• Stephen Morriss

June 12, 2020 at 9:12 am

I can’t help much with Troop, but Roland used to recommend using RGB and like Chris I found both my old SP’s preferred RGB artwork, CMYK never quite looked right.
    On the Uniform 30" I used Colorrip and then the RIP that Colorrip was based on (can’t remember the name, Wasatch?)
    When I got my SP540 I converted it back to Roland Ecosol Max inks and used Versaworks so I again never used Troop, again I always used RGB artwork.

Are there settings for Prepress US etc, have you selected the right colour profile?

Steve

• Rob Hutch Rob Hutch

June 13, 2020 at 10:31 am

Hi thanks for that, the vector stuff is fine prints perfectly its just when we incorporate a photo,
    so I assume its somewhere in the photo settings,
    I use :- input profile
    RGB – adobe1999,
    CYMK – troop cymk
    Gretscale- default greyscale

the other colour settings are rendering intent :-
    bitmap – perceptual
    vector – spot colour
    gradients – spot colour
    text – spot colour

anyone using flexisign production manager could you tell me your setting for a perfect photo print
    Thanks