Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions General Cutter topics Having problems with cg-160 Fx mimaki plotter – help please?

• Having problems with cg-160 Fx mimaki plotter – help please?

Posted by Josh Steenbergen on January 28, 2015 at 10:17 am

I’m not sure if, what is in pic is wrong. But I can’t seem to get plotter to read sheet size. It will will read the pinch rollers and assuming its reading the width. When it gets to the length. It will read the top of the page (head). Then when it goes to read the tail (bottom) of page. The plotter just keeps running and runs the whole sheet out of plotter. I am lost on whats wrong with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Running 3m control tac and static cling through plotter if that helps.

Also I read maybe it might be the sensor eye. How do you test the sensor to see if that is the problem.

thanks in advance

Stafford Cox replied 9 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Jamie Wood

January 28, 2015 at 10:37 am

We have had this problem with self cling. We found it worked if we used all of the pinch rollers, and ran it on a very slow speed. I think that the material skews as it is going through the machine, which means that the back set of marks get missed by the sensor.

• Gary Barker

January 28, 2015 at 10:38 am

are you trying to get it to see the cutter marks or just measure the leaf size ?

• Josh Steenbergen

January 28, 2015 at 11:05 am
    quote Gary Barker:

are you trying to get it to see the cutter marks or just measure the leaf size ?

I’m trying to read the leaf size. It will run the material out of plotter.

I read it might be the sheet sensor gone bad..

I do have another question. Is there only one light on, on the sensor sheet or both lights. I see two little eyes the left side looks like it is lit and the right side isn’t. Just wondering if that suppose to be like that.

Also how do you get into maintenance mode to check to see if sensor are bad.

Thanks

• Gary Barker

January 28, 2015 at 11:11 am

so you load the machine, press leaf size, then it measures the width between the pinch rollers, then it runs the machine to the back edge of the material but it won’t stop just keeps going is that right ? if so the is a sensor at the back make sure its not blocked / full of dust. there should be only one light but you only use this to detect crop marks !

• Josh Steenbergen

January 28, 2015 at 11:19 am
    quote Gary Barker:

so you load the machine, press leaf size, then it measures the width between the pinch rollers, then it runs the machine to the back edge of the material but it won’t stop just keeps going is that right ? if so the is a sensor at the back make sure its not blocked / full of dust. there should be only one light but you only use this to detect crop marks !

Where’s the sensor in the back.. I didn’t realize there is one in the back.

Thanks

• Gary Barker

January 28, 2015 at 11:28 am

look at the front one in the silver part its right behind that about an inch back i think, I’m not in the office so can’t check,

• Josh Steenbergen

January 28, 2015 at 11:32 am
    quote Gary Barker:

look at the front one in the silver part its right behind that about an inch back i think, I’m not in the office so can’t check,

Gary do you know how to go into maintenance mode so I can check the sensor to see if it’s working properly.

Thanks

• Gary Barker

January 28, 2015 at 11:45 am

you hold 2 buttons down when you boot it, ill post them when i remember them

• Stafford Cox

January 28, 2015 at 3:01 pm

It’s function and remote on their printers. Pretty sure it’s the same with the CG-FX too.

Stafford