Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Graphtec JX1060 Signjet repair needed

• Graphtec JX1060 Signjet repair needed

Posted by Giles on October 28, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Hi everybody, I’ve been a member on here for a long time now but this is my first post, I just do vinyl cutting as the print side of the graphtec hasn’t been used in years

However my old faithful signjet has just gone wrong, it keeps blowing fuses in the mains plug. Does anybody know of someone who would be able to repair it who is local to Gatwick (Surrey)
    Am going to give everything a good blow out to remove any dust tomorrow when i’ve stopped panicing, but does anyone have any idea what its likely to be or indeed if parts are still available – its got to be pushing 20 years old now…

Thanks – off to panic some more now

Giles

Giles replied 10 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Chris Wool

October 29, 2013 at 7:42 pm

welcome

don’t know anybody your way but could try

stafford cox member on here
    VTS services excllent reports

if the main plug fuse is blowing then just a guess the power lead or supply unit may be at fault.
    think there is a fuse on the main board that protects the electronics

i have the jx1160 as you say wonderfull cutter

• Paul Hughes

October 29, 2013 at 8:10 pm

speak to graphtec directly, very helpful.

i know some parts are still available as i had some new pinch rollers from them a couple of months back and he said then that many of the parts are the same as on some newer machines

i hate to think how many miles of vinyl have been through my machine

paul

• Giles

October 29, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Thank you, have checked the 2 fuses on the power supply board and they are fine, also removed about a decade or so’s accumulation of dust…. Its no longer blowing mains fuses but all I’m getting is a brief flick of the power light when I turn on, no fans or anything else.
    Will have a check for any additional fuses on the main board, i’ve checked the fans in case they had siezed and were overloading it but all 3 spin quietly by hand
    Will give Graphtec a call directly tomorrow and see what they can suggest, its the first trouble its ever been (other than the print side which was given up on long ago) so have never had to have anybody out to it before, hence not knowing who to call. I guess i’ve had my money worth but that doesn’t stop me being tight 🙂

I have to say now i’ve had it apart i’m impressed with the build quality internally and how accessible everything is.

Will report back what they say as it might help someone else out.

• Giles

February 12, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Just to follow up on this, I spoke to the very nice people at Graphtec who sorted it out for me, the power supply board had failed, caused they thought by the heat sinks not being tight on the main board, they also did a service for me and it cuts better than ever.
    They even managed to get it most of the way back to me via one of their reps.

Thanks for the help everybody
    Giles