Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Graphtec CE6000 Optical Eye

• Graphtec CE6000 Optical Eye

Posted by Daniel Taylor on November 20, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Hi, Can anyone explain how to use the optical eye on the Graphtec ce6000? I have had a design printed on a solvent printer and need to load it to my Graphtec and cut it … How do I go about doing this? Is it simple…?

Daniel Taylor replied 8 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Gil Johnson

November 20, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Did you get graphtec registration points printed?
    They are small crosses with a circle round them.

Gil

• Daniel Taylor

November 20, 2015 at 1:17 pm

I haven’t had it printed yet … Got the artwork just needs printing on solvent and then cutting on my Graphtec? Thanks

• David Hammond

November 20, 2015 at 1:33 pm

Depending on what software you use, add the registration marks before you get it printed.

We us Illustrator CS5 & CM3, but with a FC800, here’s how we set ours up & a few pointers:

1) Put all the cut paths on a separate layer (named cut paths) we usually put this as the top layer, and all the paths the same stroke colour, that can be seen on top of the artwork

2) Allow for some bleed on the print. No matter how good graphtec’s are they do wander a little.

3) Be careful that your registration marks aren’t too close to the edge of the media/cutting width, if they are your plotter may not read them. We typically have this issue printing on 1600mm media, and our plotter is only 1300mm wide, so if it’s not in the right spot we end up hacking chunks of waste material off the roll.

4) If it’s a long piece of print, it may be worth using the Veritcal marks (it puts more marks up the print at the interval you specify), however if it’s small and fits across the width, and you use vertical rather than horizontal marks, you cannot rotate the file in CM3.

5) Say you’re doing 100 stickers, I would make one file containing 25 with reg marks, tends to be more accurate, and if you do bugger some up, you can just reprint another 25.

• Daniel Taylor

November 20, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Thanks David, I haven’t printed it yet nor checked the artwork as I’ve been out today … Is there specific crop marks I need too use? Thanks

• David Mitchell

November 20, 2015 at 4:36 pm

best of luck , i gave up trying to get my CE6000-60 to pick up registration marks,

• Daniel Taylor

November 20, 2015 at 6:22 pm
    quote David Mitchell:

best of luck , i gave up trying to get my CE6000-60 to pick up registration marks,

Thanks David I will give it a try … What I’m cutting is only fairly small it’s the word California around 400x70mm … Can see this brings nightmare.