Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Graphtec CE6000-60 tracking problems, help please?

• Graphtec CE6000-60 tracking problems, help please?

Posted by Daniel Taylor on October 31, 2015 at 3:54 pm

I loaded my media correctly yesterday and started to cut some vinyl stripes that are 3m long …. They cut fine but the vinyl was running off, is this inevitable with cutting long vinyl or can I add more pressure too the rollers to avoid this on future cuts? Any help would be appreciated? Cheers

Chris Wool replied 8 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

October 31, 2015 at 6:40 pm

Hi Daniel

There can be an array of reasons that your cutter isn’t tracking far if it is used or old.

If it is brand new i would tend to blame it down to how "you" are loading it.
    Manual accuracy is everything when trying to track any sort of distance so practice makes perfect.
    different cutters, have different loading setups.

if the machine is used or old, various small things can make it track off.
    Your pressure wheels for one. If the wheel is dusty or looks discolored etc its best to take some strong cleaning substance and give the wheels a good clean. simple things like a dirty wheel that’s built up grime can cause the machine to skew when tracking. also, if the machine has done a lot of work, the wheels can become flat or worn. this happening again reduces the traction of the media causing it to skew.

you could also check the pinch grit roller BAR. the knurled patter on the bar can be clogged with paper from a jam or continual use. use your wifes tooth brush, ahem… i mean use an old toothbrush and give the knurls of the bar a good clean. a little wire brush would be better.

again dependant on age of the machine. the knurled bar may be in two or more bits or use a knurled sleeve on a single bar. we had this years ago on one of our machines. tracking was poor and it came down to "play / movement" in the bar. all it needed was tightened. but created a skew and inaccurate cut text.

i could go on but these are some of the more simpler obvious reasons for tracking off, but there is a list of possibilities.

• Chris Wool

November 1, 2015 at 9:49 am

As rob says
    Plus you probably have duel pressure rollers so make sure that they are the same.
    Pull enough media through evenly so it nearly touches the floor then lower the roller and set up as the media returns watch for run off
    If I was doing 3 m I would pre feed that amount to check before cutting
    To help fast move is normally arrow key and next button if I remember correctly