Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Graphtec CE6000-60 cutting the wrong sizes

• Graphtec CE6000-60 cutting the wrong sizes

Posted by Alan Brown on April 26, 2015 at 9:03 am

Hello everyone,

Just upgraded to a brand new CE6000-60, and it’s working just fine for the most part! I’m using it with Flexisign 8.1, but I seem to be having a problem with the sizing. It seems to be scaling the designs up in size by around 10%, so for example I send a 10x10cm square but it will actually cut 11x11cm

I don’t suppose anyone is aware of some setting or configuration I have missed or something?

Many thanks,
    Alan

Ewan Chrystal replied 8 years, 12 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Gil Johnson

April 26, 2015 at 11:21 am

Hi Alan,

Obvious first – have you checked the sizing scale on production manager? on flexi the size can be altered from here, it should be set to 100%.

Gil

• Alan Brown

April 27, 2015 at 6:14 am

Hi Gil,

Thank you for the reply.

The cutting manager is set to 100%, in fact the settings in flex are pretty much the defaults – some tiny 1mm borders and that’s it.

I’ve gone through about 10 meters of stock trying different settings to get this sorted and it’s getting quite annoying now! I can pretty much guess how much I need to scale my designs down by, but still, I like things to be precise!

Many thanks,
    Alan

• Gil Johnson

April 27, 2015 at 7:07 am

I remember having a similar problem years ago when running flexi for mac, can’t remember how we sorted it though! (think it was something to do with the cables / ports).
    Did you buy flexi through an agent? – if so would be advisable to contact them.

Gil

• Ewan Chrystal

April 27, 2015 at 8:40 am

I’d give Granthams a call. They’ve always been able to sort any tech problems i’ve had over the phone