Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters GRAPHTEC CE5000 syncing status using Graphtec Studio

• GRAPHTEC CE5000 syncing status using Graphtec Studio

Posted by Alex Clarke on February 29, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Hi All, I have just purchased a used Graphtec CE5000-60. it didn’t come with any discs so i downloaded drivers and software etc from graphtec site. I am having issues with Graphtec studio. When i select the cutter, i see the CE5000 cutter on the right, and there is a green tick next to it, however the status bar below keeps saying syncing.
    I have no idea what to do.
    I had this issue earlier today with cutting master. I downloaded cutting master 3 and it did the same thing (i’m using illustrator). I contacted the chap i bought it from and he said its because i wasn’t using Cutting master 2. So I installed Cutting master 2 and works just fine now, but I don’t know what to try next regarding Graphtec Studio.

Can anyone help me please. Many thanks in advance. Alex

Iain Pearson replied 7 years, 12 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Alex Clarke

February 29, 2016 at 6:23 pm

Here is a screen shot of what is happening.

Attachments:

• Kevin Busby

March 14, 2016 at 2:04 pm

I have the same cutter as you and I’m positive that before you can use Cutting Master 3 you need to upgrade the firmware to v6.25, its been a while so maybe im mistaken but if the studio also requires the same minimum firmware then that maybe why its not syncing.

Use the graphtec.com site it gives all the firmwares and latest versions of the software.

Sorry if its not your problem.

Kev

• Matt Charman

March 15, 2016 at 4:41 am

I’ve been looking to buy one of these, and there seem to be two versions – old firmware (before v5) and new firmware (v5 or later). Only the version with firmware v5 or later can be updated to work with the newer software. If your cutter is v5 firmware or later, do the firmware update and you’re probably good to go. If not, you’re stuck with the older software unfortunately.

• Alex Clarke

April 23, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Hi I tried you suggestions and updated firmware as i was on 5.00 and now I get GPGL error and Clear Sum error.
    I have no idea what to do now. Any tips. Thanks for your resonses by the way. Regards, Alex

• Iain Pearson

April 25, 2016 at 1:56 pm

In the machine settings, change the GP/GL TO HP/GL