Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Graphtec CE5000/60 post cutting feed

• Graphtec CE5000/60 post cutting feed

Posted by Nigel Poulter on August 6, 2020 at 1:46 pm

Hi all

Could anybody please tell me how l can stop the cutter feeding, approximately, 1.2m of vinyl after it has finished cutting. l have tried to find somewhere to alter it in the machine settings to no avail. it only started doing it a couple of weeks and to my knowledge nothing has been altered. its been used for cutting flex mainly and has been faultless for the last 8 years until now.

Thanks in advance

Nigel

RobertLambie replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Martyn Heath

August 7, 2020 at 4:18 am

Hi nigel,

It can only be one of two things. Either within the control panel settings on the machine or within the cutting software/cutting master settings. Its an optional feature which can be turned on or off.

Seems strange that it would just start doing it however ive had similar things happen to me in the past.

• RobertLambie

Administrator
    August 10, 2020 at 6:27 pm

I agree it sounds like a setting Nigel. But I would look at your software settings…
    I have Signlab, and i am not sure what software you are using but from distant memory. you can set the pre-feed of the roll. again, in signlab i think its in the top toolbar settings area under Plot or cutter settings. I forget now. I think it might be in the same area you change the cutters “origin point”. by that i mean you can start cutting from the left origin point which is lower left point of the graphics.

or

when the job finishes, it moves to top left of the graphic so its ready to stack the next cut file.

or, lower right point, so it’s ready to cut “after” the graphic is finished.
    however, it may be that this is the case, but there is a pre-feed setting set.

pre-feed normally means the cutter will roll/measure the length of the jobs vinyl out. so it is now slack and off the roll. it then zips back and forth cutting the vinyl and is free from yanking the roll of the roller mounts. if that makes sense?

last thing, but I don’t think its this, but worth a shot mentioning it. is the cutting “page size”. check this hasn’t been altered.

the reason I am ruling out cutter setting is “we seldom” go in and change these settings once you have them doing what they should. so you would notice the feeding issue right after altering the machine. if you see what I mean?

be interesting to hear what it was if you have managed to fix it?