Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Graphtec-CE5000-60 HP360 Latex and ONYX RIP/CUT Server

• Graphtec-CE5000-60 HP360 Latex and ONYX RIP/CUT Server

Posted by Mike Wilkinson on October 7, 2019 at 12:25 pm

Hi

Can anyone advise me on setting up a print / cut file. I’ve just bought a secondhand Graphtec CE5000-60 and I’m using a HP360 Latex and ONYX RIP.

I’ve printed the document and named the cut path as ‘CutContour’ using a spot colour in illustrator and the ONYX RIP recognises the cut paths but when I load the material and set the optical eye over one of the registration marks, I get ‘MarkScan Error’ message on the Graphtec after I clicked Cut Path in ONYX. If I then press enter on the cutter, it starts cutting the paths at around 500% larger than what it should be. :bangshead:

Help!!!!

Mike

Robert Lambie replied 4 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Robert Lambie

October 10, 2019 at 6:52 am

I do not use Illustrator for this type of thing, it would be done in Signlab, but the same principle.
    could the issue not be your sizing within Illustrator as I know it has limits to its sizes.
    In Signlab it’s very straight forward. apply the contour cut and export as a PDF. etc. etc…