Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Ghosting on printing Mimaki CVj30 -130

• Ghosting on printing Mimaki CVj30 -130

Posted by Dave Holland Dave Holland on May 1, 2017 at 9:58 pm

Hi, Started printing this morning as usual and noticed that the Cyan and Magenta appear to be out of line and causing some ghosting around the edges. Cleaned, checked Drop setting and alignment, print test perfect.
    Please help!!!

Attachments:

Stafford Cox Stafford Cox replied 6 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Paul Wile Paul Wile

May 1, 2017 at 10:39 pm

I had this exact problem. Are you using Raster link? I found out I was using the software incorrectly. When you are in print condition selecting es3 ink, media and resolution combination is only correct if all three blocks turn blue.

• Dave Holland Dave Holland

May 2, 2017 at 10:55 am

Hi Yes, Latest version of Rasterlink, was working fine and then the games began. What did you do to resolve the issue?. Many Thanks

• Alex Waite Alex Waite

May 2, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Hi

Have you tried printing something else? could be a corupt file.

• Paul Wile Paul Wile

May 2, 2017 at 6:29 pm

When I had this problem I was using the software incorrectly.

Make sure that when you pick your ink set, media and resolution that the 3 bars all stay blue. If they don’t all stay blue then your options aren’t correct and won’t print correctly.

Try picking a different media etc in your software until all the blocks turn and stay blue.

• Stafford Cox Stafford Cox

May 3, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Have you tried cleaning the encoder strip?

May 4, 2017 at 7:29 am

Hi Stafford, Yes. cleaned the strip, printing fine on all other colours just Cyan all misty!. Hybrid think it could be electrical issue to the head?. Higher res lessens overspray and only one side as suspected when printing UNI . Not changed anything from when it was working fine. Driving me nuts as out of operation printing wise until next Wednesday.

May 4, 2017 at 8:20 am

Yeah, it definitely could be the head. Although I would want to eliminate everything else first of course. Usually an electrical fault shows itself on only one resolution (i.e. 540×1080 but not 720×1440) but not always. Have you got someone booked in to look at it?

May 4, 2017 at 11:46 am

Hybrid still to confirm but open to suggestions if quicker!. I’m in Fife

May 4, 2017 at 6:07 pm

My closest guy is about 4 hours away but could probably do early next week if that helps?