Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions PCUT Vinyl Cutters does anyone have experience of setting a pcut 630 please?

• does anyone have experience of setting a pcut 630 please?

Posted by anthony lee on February 16, 2008 at 4:35 pm

hi guys,
    i’m about to go insane, ive had my pcut 630 about a month and a half, and its just sat on my desk. ive tried every possible way to get it working with wndows vista from drivers to shrter usb cables!!

ive even gone to length of buying a laptop with xp on it having hope it would work, i got my laptop today and still after hours of trial all i get is error.

does any1 have experience of setting a pcut 630 with either a vista or xp>

im willing to pay money for whomever can help!

sorry mods pls remove if this is not allowed, im just pretty desperate to get it working

thanks

ant

anthony lee replied 16 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • John Davis IOM

February 16, 2008 at 10:15 pm

Hi,

Could you tell me a bit more..? Not used Vista before so not sure about configuring that. Try the laptop with XP first.

What software are you running on the laptop…??
    What settings have you got on the usb port – serial converter?

John.

• anthony lee

February 16, 2008 at 10:22 pm

at the mo
    im using signblazer demo but this should be fully functional with some screens at the start up asking me to register

my settings are from the other thread as follows

Bits Per Second: 9600
    Parity: None
    Stop Bits: 1
    Flow Control: Hardware

Click Advanced, set as follows:

Com Port Number: Com2
    USB Transfer Sizes: Receive = 4096, Transmit = 4096
    Latency Times = 1MS
    Minimum Read/Write Time Out = 0MS
    Serial Enumerator = Ticked
    Serial Printer = Ticked
    Cancel If Power On = Ticked
    Event On Surprise Removal = Ticked
    Set RTS On Close = Ticked

Click OK and OK again.

Close Device Manager

4. Open what ever cutting software you wish to use and set it up as follows:

Cutter = Creation PCut CT630
    Serial Port/Com Port = Com2
    Com Port Speed = 9600
    Flow Control = Hardware

5. Check the port speed on the cutter is set to 9600.

now ive got an email today from the previous owner who had only limited knowledge of the setup but he told me to go into control panel and printers, then add printer -then some how add the pcut (but everytime i try add the printer from the cd that came with the cutter, it says there are no setup files?) anyways he said after doing this set it as the default printer

hope this helps

really and honestly appreciate your replies

thanks

• John Davis IOM

February 18, 2008 at 7:56 pm

Your settings appear to be the same as mine. Not sure about the software setup as I’m not using signblazer. I did get signblazer with the pcut but having already bought WinPC sign I didn’t actually use it.

Sorry I can’t offer any assistance other than to suggest trying some different software.

John.

• Chris Wool

February 18, 2008 at 10:45 pm

i dont know for sure but most demo software will not cut. have you spoken to SB.

chris

• JonnyAnnett

February 19, 2008 at 12:51 pm

Anthony,

I run a similar setup to yourself. We run two Pcut 630’s (no problems) with Signblazer software on the Vista operating system. We haven’t actually had a problem with the software or cutters and we’ve been using them for a bit over a year.

I use Signblazer. My PC crashed and destroyed itself last week. Luckily I had a back-up of all files and designs. I had to reinstall the signblazer and when it was in Demo mode it let me cut ok. But this could have been due to being installed in the system before?

Maybe you could check on the SB forums themselves. I have spoken with Jerry from on there on a number of occassions with one thing or another. He has been really really helpful, infact I’ve found him a lot more helpful than Signwizard.

I’m not at the office right now to check our settings. I’ll be there this afternoon though so will check our settings and let you know what are settings are.

All the Best
    Jonny

• Peter Shaw

February 19, 2008 at 1:35 pm

Why have you not asked your supplier for help?

• anthony lee

February 19, 2008 at 2:10 pm

hi there, thanks for the replies

ive actually emailed signwizard the supplier several times, i think to the point where they dont even email me back 🙄

as for sb forum, ive been there, i did everything they asked.. the last idea was to try a shorter usb cable in which i did and had no luck… after that they didnt know what to suggest.

can anyone confirm that in contropl panel > printers > i should have a pcut 630 displaying as one of my printers? cause at the moment there is nothing in my printers folder?

cheers jonny they will be massively be helpful!

ant

• Peter Shaw

February 19, 2008 at 2:15 pm

I meant the supplier of the cutter.

• anthony lee

February 19, 2008 at 2:18 pm

il give that a shot, dont really think they will provide me with much support especially that their offices are in china,, il try anyhow

thanks