Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions PCUT Vinyl Cutters Creaction Pcut CT1200 – help needed please?

• Creaction Pcut CT1200 – help needed please?

Posted by Roben Vargas on October 21, 2011 at 8:37 am

Hello Everyone, I’m a newbie to all of this plotter stuff. I have a Creation Pcut CT1200. Having problems keeping my heat vinyl flat when its cutting. Seems to "come up" a bit which make the blade cut funny in spots or doesnt cut at all in different areas. Is there a way to keep the vinyl absolutley flat? Seems to do ok if I sit there and pull it snug the entire time….Does anyone else have this problem? Also, it keeps stopping in the middle of my designs which means I have to restart and its wasting alot of material. Kinda getting frustrated…so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated…..Kind Regards, Roben

Andy Taylor replied 12 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Colin Bland

October 23, 2011 at 10:00 am

Hi roben

I used to have a creation p cut plotter and the same issues then i bought a graphtec plotter and all the issues vanished !! my p cut sits in the corner of my office gathering dust now

colin

• John Harding

October 23, 2011 at 10:06 am

Hi Roben

quote :

Kinda getting frustrated…so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated…..Kind Regards, Roben

sorry Robben I know nothing about creation P cut other than a lot of people have had similar trouble in the past so do a search on previous threads may shed some light on your technical issues – however my best suggestion Roben would be to stick an intro post in the say hello forum which will generate more help im sure

John 😀

• Roben Vargas

October 24, 2011 at 4:04 pm
    quote -Colin-:

Hi roben

I used to have a creation p cut plotter and the same issues then i bought a graphtec plotter and all the issues vanished !! my p cut sits in the corner of my office gathering dust now

colin

Thanks Colin for your response…I guess their right when they say " you get what you paid for " ..never again..I think I’ll look into the Graphtec line…Kind Regards from California USA

• Roben Vargas

October 24, 2011 at 4:06 pm
    quote John Harding:

Hi Roben

quote :

Kinda getting frustrated…so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated…..Kind Regards, Roben

sorry Robben I know nothing about creation P cut other than a lot of people have had similar trouble in the past so do a search on previous threads may shed some light on your technical issues – however my best suggestion Roben would be to stick an intro post in the say hello forum which will generate more help im sure

John 😀

Thank you John…will def. will do an intro…thanks for taking the time to answer my post…Kind Regards from California

• Graham Shand

October 24, 2011 at 8:42 pm

It was the first plotter, I purchased, and I did not have too many problems, but can relate to some of your frustrations, due to the type of motor used in the P cut "step motor" opposed to a more expensive cutter" servo" and the latter is more accurate. The problem you seem to be having is the feed, suggest you un-roll the vinyl, so the plotter does not have to work to hard pulling the vinyl into the machine, slow the speed of the machine way down and monitor whats going on. be interested to hear how you get on.
    regards
    Graham

• Roben Vargas

October 24, 2011 at 10:02 pm
    quote Graham Shand:

It was the first plotter, I purchased, and I did not have too many problems, but can relate to some of your frustrations, due to the type of motor used in the P cut “step motor” opposed to a more expensive cutter” servo” and the latter is more accurate. The problem you seem to be having is the feed, suggest you un-roll the vinyl, so the plotter does not have to work to hard pulling the vinyl into the machine, slow the speed of the machine way down and monitor whats going on. be interested to hear how you get on.
    regards
    Graham

BRAVO GRAHAM!!!!!!! YOUR FANTASTIC!!!!!!! THAT DID THE JOB…..A MILLIONS THANKS TO YOU……I WAS READY TO DUMP IT AND COMPLETELY GIVE UP..BUT NOW I’M EXCITED TO CUT, CUT, CUT. KIND REGARDS FROM SUNNY CALIFORNIA…ROBEN

• Graham Shand

October 25, 2011 at 7:34 am
    quote Roben Vargas:

quote Graham Shand:

It was the first plotter, I purchased, and I did not have too many problems, but can relate to some of your frustrations, due to the type of motor used in the P cut “step motor” opposed to a more expensive cutter” servo” and the latter is more accurate. The problem you seem to be having is the feed, suggest you un-roll the vinyl, so the plotter does not have to work to hard pulling the vinyl into the machine, slow the speed of the machine way down and monitor whats going on. be interested to hear how you get on.
    regards
    Graham

BRAVO GRAHAM!!!!!!! YOUR FANTASTIC!!!!!!! THAT DID THE JOB…..A MILLIONS THANKS TO YOU……I WAS READY TO DUMP IT AND COMPLETELY GIVE UP..BUT NOW I’M EXCITED TO CUT, CUT, CUT. KIND REGARDS FROM SUNNY CALIFORNIA…ROBEN

Roben Glad that sorted the issues you were having, have fun. Regards Graham

• Andy Taylor

December 12, 2011 at 12:23 pm
    quote Roben Vargas:

quote Graham Shand:

regards
    Graham

It is a problem when you buy the cheaper cutters and they dont seem to work perfectly but often is lack of experience as much as anything. Many people seem to think its an option to print money (not saying you do) and they dont realise its cheaper to get started but you cant buy talent and experience.

I dont have experience of the more expensive cutters so I dont know if they pull the vinyl of a roll without problems.

I can speak for Liyu, Creation and they need the vinyl flaked most of the time.