Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters CE5000-60 LCD display needed

• CE5000-60 LCD display needed

Posted by Kevin Busby Kevin Busby on May 29, 2019 at 12:57 pm

Anyone any idea where I might get one from please?

Roll of media fell against it and cracked the LCD, its old but never been worked hard so would like to keep it going if its not to expensive.

Was still cutting ok but using the mac cutting master 4 for some reason the control cutter settings don’t work, so it decided to change the profile and now I’m not able to see to turn it back to the right one lol.

Thanks

Kevin Busby Kevin Busby replied 4 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Phill Fenton

May 29, 2019 at 1:18 pm

Some software allows you to control the cutter settings via the cutting software rather than the cutter itself – just a thought maybe if you switch to non local control you may be able to manage without the LCD?

• Kevin Busby Kevin Busby

May 29, 2019 at 2:09 pm

Hi Phil

Thanks for that, Cutting manager should do that but its not working on Mac only on widows side and because everything is produced in illustrator and then using a plugin transferred over to cutting manager on my mac I’m not then able to save it to open again on the windows machine. If I save as a cut file, when opened on windows it disregards all settings and uses the cutter current ones.

Need to find a free software that also controls it, not like i do any decal work any more just need for standard text cuts.

Cheers though will keep looking for something that works.

• David Hammond

May 29, 2019 at 4:19 pm

There is a windows programme by graphtec that allows you to control the plotter remotely, move the pen, set and change conditions.

Cant remember its name though.

• Kevin Busby Kevin Busby

May 30, 2019 at 9:27 am

Yep I have that but only works with Windows and will not let you open artwork you have produced and then cut.

I’m going to post to see if I can find an old copy of illustrator for windows that will solve the issue then hopefully.