Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers best profile on CJV30-130

• best profile on CJV30-130

Posted by John McNickle on February 22, 2018 at 8:30 am

I was hoping someone has found the best colour match profile for printing on the CJV30 printers, i use the spandex/metamark & avery profiles the most but all 3 are way way different in colour output, some cant print a good grey as they are more purple on output, if anyone has info on a better profile could you please give me a heads up

thanks
    John

Stafford Cox replied 6 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jon Marshall

February 22, 2018 at 9:16 am

I would recommend printing off a pantone chart on the vinyls you use in your preferred profiles and then set up your artwork based on that..

• Stafford Cox

February 22, 2018 at 11:34 am

This varies so much between media’s and RIP’s. Theoretically there is no such thing as a generic profile that will print everything. In practice there are a few good all rounders that give satisfactory results on many media’s.

Which RIP are you using? The problem with printing grey is that most RIP’s will try to produce it with 4 colours. You could try turning off ICC profiling all together (it will over ink and other colours will likely not match) or use a ‘mono print’, depending on which RIP you’re using. If you’re using Rasterlink, you might be stuck with what you’ve got.

Stafford.